Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday night I was driving over to my girlfriends house and I'm on a highway and these kid's from behind a couple bushes threw some egg's at my car. I got out, chased them into the bushes and they were gone, went to a quick car wash and found out quick that 2 egg's that hit my hood chipped the paint and it's down to bare metal... luckily it's only the hood and no other body panels are effed up.

Yesterday I was driving to the insurance place to talk about the my hood and I'm about 1.5 car lengths behind a Silverado and a rock kicks up and hit my windshield, it's not that bad but still... Just not a good week with my Caliber, just thought I'd share... Still love it to death though :D

·
Banned
400 Posts
Black_RT said:
On Saturday night I was driving over to my girlfriends house and I'm on a highway and these kid's from behind a couple bushes threw some egg's at my car. I got out, chased them into the bushes and they were gone, went to a quick car wash and found out quick that 2 egg's that hit my hood chipped the paint and it's down to bare metal... luckily it's only the hood and no other body panels are effed up.

Yesterday I was driving to the insurance place to talk about the my hood and I'm about 1.5 car lengths behind a Silverado and a rock kicks up and hit my windshield, it's not that bad but still... Just not a good week with my Caliber, just thought I'd share... Still love it to death though :D
Yea, the Caliber attracts all kinds of **** to it. :(

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Black_RT said:

I feel your pain! Just after my dad got his new truck ( a BLACK 2004 Dakota) i was driving and some punk kid threw an egg at it. I didnt realize it until i got home and i saw egg all over the back of the truck. Now there is this egg explosion in the BLACK paint on the back of the truck. $#@%$#%@$#% Kids!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ah yes. Mine has been egged as well. Well, their aim was off and it just skimmed the top of my roof and majority landed on my husbands beater car parked just beside it. :)

·
Registered
746 Posts
wow, you guys are getting egged? jeez. the nerve of some people... i never did stuff like that as a kid, we just soaked croutons in bourbon and fed them to the seagulls. good times. good times.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My uncle did that with chips and vodka once. There was one seagull that got messed up and wouldnt let the other ones near the chips!! LMAO!

·
Registered
162 Posts
I never egged cars. We use to go into downtown Atlanta and egg the street-walking hookers though. It was a blast until we got shot at one night by an angry pimp. LOL The things we do when we are young.....

·
Registered
135 Posts
FYI - I know it is to late to do anything about it now but... Your car was probably not scratched until you took it in the car wash. You need to make sure you remove the bits of shell by hand so they don't scratch it. Well here is what you should do

1. Get to the egg as soon as you can. Even if it is the middle of the night.

2. Remove (by hand) the pieces of egg shell that are not dried onto the car.

3. Wipe up as much of the egg as you can with a soft towel, make sure to be careful not to scratch the paint with eggshell remnants.

4. Soak a towel in a solution of half warm water and half white vinegar.

5. Place the soaked towel on the egg spot and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.

6. Remove the wet towel, wipe away remnants and dry the area with a soft, dry towel.

Hope this helps someone in the future :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Never rinse egg off a car with hot water (most car washes use hot water). Hot water causes egg to coagulate and it will stick to the car making it harder to get off. You can safely use cold water (tap water from the hose) to rinse egg off, provided you get to it before the egg has time to dry to the paint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts