Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I came across this today:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/DODGE-CALIBER-2007-CARGO-LINER-TRAY-171-FL_W0QQitemZ180007627469QQihZ008QQcategoryZ33697QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks nice from what I can see. It protects the back of the seats, which I know some forum members had talked about. The only part I'm not sure about is how square it is on the seat backs. I wonder if it looks really awkward from the front of the car. It's also a lot cheaper than the carpet liner from Mopar, and would stop the sliding that everyone seems to hate.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Looks interesting but I am not sure how the black would look in the hatch area although in the picture it looks more dark grey than deep black (at least on my monitor)...with shipping it would come to $55.. still cheaper than the Mopar carpet..

I am going to give it some thought as an alternative to buying the high priced Mopar carpet or making my own as others have done.. Thanks for the heads-up...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Nice idea but I am not digging how it sits up higher then the actual back of the seat. It isn't as high as the head rest but it is up there.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah I see what you mean... In a couple of pictures it sticks WAY up.. in one it seems to be just below the top edge of the seat.. No way I want that sticking up like that.. hopefully it is just the angle of the shot that causes that look...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It could be where the seats are as well. It looks like when they are reclined back it isn't as bad, but when they are forward it's more noticable.

·
Registered
60 Posts
SWEET!!

i need something that protects the backs of the seats as well.

i just bought one!!

i'll let everyone know how it fits and works for me

Thanks Tigerr!

·
Registered
203 Posts
jayster_4_69 said:
SWEET!!

i need something that protects the backs of the seats as well.

i just bought one!!

i'll let everyone know how it fits and works for me

Thanks Tigerr!

Good deal!! Keep us posted..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yes please let us know. Also some better pics (ie. from the front of the car) would be nice.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd like to know how well it prevents stuff from sliding. This guy is like an hour from me so I can save shipping.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am not sure how I feel about it. I agree it doesn't look right straight up. How do it attach to the back and will it help that much against sliding stuff? I would love to hear your feedback once you get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That looks amazing other than the fact that it sticks up above the seats....

One of the pictures looks like it doesn't though.

How about it jayster??? How is it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Still havn't got it yet.

they won't ship til tommoow so i probably won't be able to let everyone know how it is until next week and i'll take some pics.

Later

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Jayster - Do you have the Security Group or the Cargo Cover? I'm just wondering if the seats can still recline with this behind them if the Cargo cover is there. The one pic in the auction shows it there, but it looks like the seats are forward, not all the way back. Looking forward to your review. This guy could get a lot of bussiness if it is as good as it looks.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
jayster_4_69 said:
Still havn't got it yet.

they won't ship til tommoow so i probably won't be able to let everyone know how it is until next week and i'll take some pics.

Later
Any update on this? Patiently waiting for pics.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jayster_4_69 said:
i'll take some pics tonite and try and have them up for tommorow...

just got it yesterday
Do you have a Toneau Cover? If you do, how does the mat with with that?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tigerr said:
...I'm just wondering if the seats can still recline with this behind them if the Cargo cover is there. The one pic in the auction shows it there, but it looks like the seats are forward, not all the way back...
Yes, the seats can recline, but first you should make sure the tonneau cover is moved to the rearward set of holes (green arrow).

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
DGK - I was actually referring to whether the toneau cover still fits with that eBay cargo mat, because it actually goes up the back of the seats. I wasn't sure how much space there is behind the seat and the toneau cover.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Tigerr said:
DGK - I was actually referring to whether the toneau cover still fits with that eBay cargo mat, because it actually goes up the back of the seats. I wasn't sure how much space there is behind the seat and the toneau cover.
*looked at the ebay pics**
ohh, oops, I see what you mean!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts