Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had both my plates installed by the dealer (they put the little rubber nubs on the back of the rear plate too). everytime i shut the trunk or go over a bump i get a - thwack, thump thump thump - noise as the plate slaps against the tailgate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is making me nuts. is there any fix for this???:eek:

·
Registered
687 Posts
Maybe some rubber door seal strip from the hardware store or something. I never noticed a problem with mine. Does your paint show wear from the plate hitting it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
IBUILDCALIBERSUAW1268 said:
Maybe some rubber door seal strip from the hardware store or something. I never noticed a problem with mine. Does your paint show wear from the plate hitting it?
CHeck the plate frame, I had the rubber bumpers on my plate, but still had the rattle from the back. I then put some on the plate frame and it stopped.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've got the same problem. I think I'm going to double face tape the frame and plate together and then put a rubber bumper behind the plate. If that doesn't cure it I'm gonna possibly put dynamat or something like it on the back of the plate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
mine rattles too plus my l/s plate light has burned out i should not have to go to hardware store for parts to stop rattle either

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
found a solution - crude but effective. i took the plate into work and bent the top of the plate inwards about 15 degrees. the whole plate now sits flush with the trunk and no more twapping noises

·
Registered
6 Posts
Had the same problem with the licence plate rattling.
Tried the double-sided tape solution and it worked - rattle is gone!
P.S. purely by chance I ended up with the letters KCY as part of my licence plate number.
May have to get a new plate if Mr. Kahne doesn't start racing better in NASCAR.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Kasey can't get a good run to save his life this year. My plate rattled when I first put it on as well. And I wasn't using the dealer plate frame either. that got ditched as soon as I got home. No need to advertise for free for them. I bought a metal husker plate frame. It has little tabs on the bottom to hold the plate inside the frame after it's screwed on, and then had the foam pads to stick on the back. No rattles, even with the music turned up and the Musicgate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
HSKR said:
Kasey can't get a good run to save his life this year.
True that! LOL. Although, he did finish 12th yesterday at Talladega. Not too shabby. But back to the main issue here. My license plate does the same thing. I'll have to try taping the frame to the plate and see how that does.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Use number plates that are made of premium quality materials. You can order your number plate online and doesn't require any specific documentation. Showplatesworld is my favourite company because they used quality materials.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts