Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there removed the carpeting from the back of the rear seats?

If yes was it necessary to remove the seats from the car?

How is the carpet fastened?

Did it re-install OK?

I need to get to the framework of the back seat and thought it best to ask before I start ripping stuff apart.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
boostdog said:
not sure... but why are you doing this?
I have the plastic grocery bag hooks from a Caravan that I want to install in my Caliber. So I need to drill into a steel crossmember in order to attach them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Are they recessed or will they protrude? Do they fold up when not needed?

I don't haul much with the seats down, but I can see the hooks getting in the way if you had to put something back there.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mr_badda_bing said:
Are they recessed or will they protrude? Do they fold up when not needed?

I don't haul much with the seats down, but I can see the hooks getting in the way if you had to put something back there.
Thought it might be easier just to upload a picture.

The unit is about 15 " wide 41/2" deep and 1/2" thickness at the sides and 1" at the centre where there is a hand grip for lifting the back seat.

I have a rubber backed carpet that I put over the back seat when it is down so do not have to worry about the items I carry catching on anything and it keeps the carpet on the back of the seat clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
414 Posts
Oldguy said:
Thought it might be easier just to upload a picture.

The unit is about 15 " wide 41/2" deep and 1/2" thickness at the sides and 1" at the centre where there is a hand grip for lifting the back seat.

I have a rubber backed carpet that I put over the back seat when it is down so do not have to worry about the items I carry catching on anything and it keeps the carpet on the back of the seat clean.
Thanks for the pictures. They look like they would not get in the way too bad. I may have to pick some up.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Im assuming that this is the 60% piece for the 60/40 seat in the back of the caravan? Are you just going to use the one piece? I want to see how it turns oout for sure!

·
Registered
294 Posts
sort of confused (or its an RT-thing), but aren't there already tie down hooks on the back of the rear seats. I know I've got bungies tied to mine to keep my foldable bags from sliding around, a simple S hook could hold bags.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just a little F.Y.I.

The loops we all have on the back of the rear seats are used to hook to the arm that carries the backseat into the car on the line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts