Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone install either of these ? Picked them up and should be installing them over the week-end. Directions, while semi-clear, look like they were drawn up by people who flunked out of Ikea design school.
Any pointers or special notes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't had any experience with the install BUT I would love to see the finished product. Definitely post pictures if you can! Good luck!

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I forgot to mention that before you tighten the set screws on the deflector, make sure it's centered. Mine was off an 1/8 of a inch and was really noticable.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I actually enjoyed installing the bug shield. Two weeks ago I took a road trip with bugs flying everywhere. The shield worked great on the low flying bugs(they just passed right over), but it can't do much for the higher flying bugs that decide to fly down kamikaze style into the windshield. All in all, I'm really happy with the bug shield.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I tried searching but came up empty. I've installed spoilers that involve actual drillingng into the body, so I'm not that much of a loss with tools. The Caliber one should be a breeze.

I'll take step by step pics and start up my xcanuk site again.
As far as the bug shield, I'm not that concerned about the bugs, I find them more useful for keeping the hood chips down to a minimum.

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
xcanuk said:
Thanks, I tried searching but came up empty. I've installed spoilers that involve actual drillingng into the body, so I'm not that much of a loss with tools. The Caliber one should be a breeze.

I'll take step by step pics and start up my xcanuk site again.
As far as the bug shield, I'm not that concerned about the bugs, I find them more useful for keeping the hood chips down to a minimum.
Ya u would be amazed at how many chips a caravan gets without a deflector compared to one that has one (old one had one, new one doesnt) - im gonna get a deflector as one of the first things for my caliber!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, both installed, no issues. On a scale of 1 to 10 (easy to hard)
hood deflector rates a 3 (only because you might play with it to be centred)
spoiler rates a 7, just because you have more parts to deal with.

I took plenty of pics and will try to come up with a photo vesion of the directions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts