Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
my rear sub in my rt awd caliber rattles on some songs.(volume of 15 and higher)
i've pin pointed in down to around the sub or the sub itself.
any one know how to remove the cover?

mdeanh

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't do that, just bring it in!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yah, I never really get it why people are so quick to try and fix the thing themselves while it's under warranty. Especially on little stuff. To me, the risk of bending plastic, scratching things up, etc etc doesn't outweigh just bringing the thing in and letting the shop take all of the liability for damage.

If I screw it up, it's on my dollar. If the shop does it, It's on theirs.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Personally I would never bring it to the dealer "if I can do it myself". Call me crazy, but I don't trust em. Once I buy a car I avoid the dealer as much as possible.

As far as your sub goes, I didn't get the sound package because you can buy much better afterwards. I would say look in the manual and if you cant find it, bring it to a stereo installer like Tweeter..They will not only tell you how to remove it, but can tell you exactly what it is and how to fix it free of charge (advice...not the fix).:rolleyes:

My guess is the sub has a loose screw or piece of plastic on the sub or its a blown sub. It could also just be the way its mounted, plastic vibrating. If its the plastic on plastic, a bit of 3m foam tape will do the trick.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I take it you've heard the sound system in the Caliber then, since you are saying that you can go get much better.

I personally think it's a very balanced system. It's not the most powerful, but for a $400 option. I'd say it's worth at least $1,000+ on the street for a comparable setup.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Amandyke said:
I take it you've heard the sound system in the Caliber then, since you are saying that you can go get much better.

I personally think it's a very balanced system. It's not the most powerful, but for a $400 option. I'd say it's worth at least $1,000+ on the street for a comparable setup.
you got that right. i love my musicgate system. i can feel my heart miss a beat from all the bass when i have the volume around 15.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Amandyke said:

Don't get me wrong here, not saying its not worth $400.00...I'm saying that I "personaly" have other/better plans for my stereo system, which yes, will indeed cost much more and is why I didn't want that option.;) No sense paying for something that you aren't keeping.

But $1000.00 on the street? I don't think so....Not if you know where to shop (I do mean legally :p ) The system I have in my other car cost a grand total of $1200.00 and thats with 2 Sony ES 12" subs/quality boxes/1200W amp/digital capacitor/2 Cerwin Vega front 6 1/2" and two Cerwin Vega rear deck 6 1/2" and a pioneer HU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts