Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
anybody do this yet?
I just finished mine a few days ago
it only takes a few minutes to remove the plastic from under the deck lid to access the wiper motor

I removed all things related to the rear wiper

it didn't shave much weight ( not the reason for doing this) but all parts combined was almost 3lbs

I don't like rear wipers which is why I removed it / looks much cleaner now

used a 1 1/8" metal cap from Lowe's to cover the hole
sanded, primed, and coated in semi-gloss black
then pressed in with a very light coating of clear silicone around the mating surface

if you guys want pics...I'll post them up

here you go...

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
I would like to see pics....

I use the wiper often though. I like being able to see out my windows, but it would look better without the wiper.

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would like to see pics....

I use the wiper often though. I like being able to see out my windows, but it would look better without the wiper.
I don't think I know how to turn on the rear wiper:wave:

guess I don't have to know now.....:jester:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

its the same stalk as your front wipers. I use mine all the time, but it would look nicer without it I agree
lol
what about the 0 to 60 timer...still haven't used that and don't know how either
I'll maybe give it a shot now that my slicks were just mounted over the weekend:bigthumb:

obviously use my car a little different than some here and don't care much about the little shit :jester:

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
this thread sucks without pics.

since i dont see much rain in my barrio if it looks nice enough i might just do it too.

thanks for the idea whoosh! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this thread sucks without pics.

since i dont see much rain in my barrio if it looks nice enough i might just do it too.

thanks for the idea whoosh! :thumbsup:
as a side note

guys do this all the time on their MS3's and other various cars
the standard hole size (when it's through rear glass) is 1 1/8"
there are many ways to plug the hole (mits will love that comment)
other than the metal plug I used
you can even buy rubber plugs on fleabay listed as rear wiper delete
get ready to pay $15 bucks for a 99 cent plug though

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pics in 1st post

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
meh, it does look good. Function over form though, I would rather keep mine for when I cant see out the back window. Reminds me of when the honda guys use to take 1 wiper off and just have 1 big 1 do the whole window. :jester:

Reactions: UN4GTBL

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looks good man but im def keeping my wiper on back there. Although I must say I dont rememeber what if feels like to drive my car anymore since I havent done it in so long

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
meh, it does look good. Function over form though, I would rather keep mine for when I cant see out the back window. Reminds me of when the honda guys use to take 1 wiper off and just have 1 big 1 do the whole window. :jester:
hmmmm
deleting the rear wiper reminds me of other cars when owners delete the rear wiper

guess I'm silly like that

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
hmmmm
deleting the rear wiper reminds me of other cars when owners delete the rear wiper

guess I'm silly like that
maybe its a mazda thing? Your the 1st person I've ever seen with this done......I know I would rather put a rear wiper on a car that didnt have 1, rather than taking 1 off. Your uninstall looks really clean, props on that.

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.