Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just talking to a dealer. We talked about the long lead times getting Calibers out of Belvider, he stated that he has some close ties with someone at the plant. He told me that one of the major issues going on right now with slow production is with the Caliber body assembly. Apparantly, there is some German made robot(s) that they are having issues with. The problems associated with the robot is causing production slow downs and stoppage with body assembly. Additionally, they have not been afraid to stop the production line when there are manufacturing issues discovered at the time of assembly throughout the plant.

Just thought I'd pass on what I learned. Hope this helps. :eek:

By the way, I'm glad that they are willing to pull the trigger on a regular basis when issues are found.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Of course this is just the most wonderful time to have machines break down. They're only 48,000 orders behind!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Sounds like something he pulled out of you know where.... I suppose it is a better story than telling customers about supply and demand curves and how they affect rebates, financing and residual/resale values and ultimately improve average selling price

1 - 4 of 4 Posts