Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pinging problem everyone was having before and got recall slips on...The cars that are being delivered TO DATE say today and beyond....is this problem fixed before delivery or should we expect recall?

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Just for ****s and giggles, I put in the last 8 digits of my VIN and no recalls came up. I have a very unique VIN BTW...7D101000 is the last 8 digits of my VIN. Kinda neat....

·
Registered
976 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
The pinging problem everyone was having before and got recall slips on...The cars that are being delivered TO DATE say today and beyond....is this problem fixed before delivery or should we expect recall?
I just picked my SXT yesterday and have put 60 miles on it,have tried
hard exceleration up a local high bridge and no ping heard yet and no
exhaust clicking.
Runs like a charm and is what it is 4cyl cvt and thats it.
It was built June 22/06.
Good luck

·
Registered
901 Posts
REDspeedwagon said:
The F29 recall (which you can read here: http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22558&postcount=47) applies to vehicles built though May 11.
That implies that as of that date, the current/correct software version is in place in the assembly process.

·
Registered
683 Posts
The recall was not for engine pinging (pre-ignition). It had to do with the computer not detecting an overheating condition. However, the F29 recall computer update does include the TSB which is supposed to help pinging.

My Caliber had the F29 performed but it still pings badly. The pinging is almost entirely at idle once the engine is fully warmed up. It does not ping under accelleration or climbing hills that I've noticed. At idle it sounds like I have a diesel. Chrysler said they are aware that some Calibers still ping after the update and are working on it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I bought my Caliber off the dealer lot on June 30th and when I put my VIN into the recall check on Dodge.com, it said there were no recalls. How do I find the build date of my car? BTW, I don't think I have the engine pinging, but I do have a little bit of the click.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Has anyone whos car has been built but not delivered done a vin check on the dodge site just to see if it sees it as a valid vin number. Im curious when the vin number is entered into their system as an existing vehicle. Might be usefull to check if your car is built or not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts