Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. This is my first post. I just bought a Caliber SXT and it came with a remote starter installed. Here is my question:

When I lock the doors, a red light blinks on the remote start thing that's in my windshield. It blinks all the time the car is locked. Does my car have a security system installed? How can I find out? The only thing I know for sure is that my actual remote says "Autostart" and on the back it says [SIZE=-1]"FCC ID NAHRS5304" 433MHz.

Can anyone help me out with this?:confused:Thanks in advance!
[/SIZE]

·
Registered
253 Posts
lock car with wife in it give her a big coffee and book when she has to go pee and opins the dore you will find out. i ues to do it to my x all the time lock the dores on my neon about 5 minits later x would decice to get out and come to parts store and the alarm would go off in my neon every time. oh what fun i use to have,.

·
Registered
253 Posts
if it gos off you have one. there is a time delay on them

·
Registered
721 Posts
I thought I read somewhere that you cant have BOTH the Chrysler alarm and remote start installed together??? Mopar supercenter says that the factory alarm can not be sued with the Mopar remote Start.

·
Registered
199 Posts
If you have an AutoStart remote starter then I suggest it is an aftermarket addition arranged by the dealer. The red light you see is not an 'alarm' per say but it does/should indicate the system is armed. If your vehicle came with the security group and has an alarm installed at the factory you will see a red light blink on the DASH above the speedometer as well. If the dash red light is not there then you don't have the factory alarm. The Autostart receiver is likely installed next to the windshield behind the rear view mirror and they normally come with a small blinking red light showing power is linked. Those starters do have an alarm interface but that aspect is installed aftermarket with the remote starter. Does this make sense? In any event. The AutoStart also includes an interface to allow the use of the remote starter without the presence of an ignition key buried or hidden in the vehicle to trick the computer. This brand is programed by the installer with the aid of the original key to allow it to function properly. I have the same setup and it works very well and is complicated further by the fact it also has to override the standard transmission switches.

·
Registered
294 Posts
CoriolisSTORM said:
I thought I read somewhere that you cant have BOTH the Chrysler alarm and remote start installed together??? Mopar supercenter says that the factory alarm can not be sued with the Mopar remote Start.
Good thing for aftermarket.. I've got both and they work fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts