Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the music gate system. I have blown my sub in the back.. does anyone have instructions on how to replace just the sub in the back.. if so please send to gravyplaya [at] yahoo.com. I went to the dealer service dept and they mentioned that they would have to take out the entire trunk panel to do it.. I dont think that sounds right when there is what looks like a cover that can be popped off in order for the speaker to get replaced. I would go to the dealer and have them replace it but I want to put a better sounding/performing speaker in there.. (Hello Kicker comp subs)

·
Registered
687 Posts
The dealer is correct. That grill cover you see is molded into the plastic r/s qtr trim panel and does have to be removed to access the subwoofer. I know I and others have gave step-by-step directions on how to remove it.

Use the board search tool for r/s qtr trim and you should find it. I know one user has some very good pictures here too what it looks like.

·
Registered
413 Posts
gravyplaya said:
I have the music gate system. I have blown my sub in the back.. does anyone have instructions on how to replace just the sub in the back.. if so please send to gravyplaya [at] yahoo.com. I went to the dealer service dept and they mentioned that they would have to take out the entire trunk panel to do it.. I dont think that sounds right when there is what looks like a cover that can be popped off in order for the speaker to get replaced. I would go to the dealer and have them replace it but I want to put a better sounding/performing speaker in there.. (Hello Kicker comp subs)
At the moment there is no aftermarket replacement for the sub in the musicgate system. You can try and modify it, but no one has done it yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I should just go ahead and let the dealer replace it with another stock one then huh? That sucks I was hopin it would be an easy swap out. Now I have to try to figure out what day Im not going to have to drive so I can have the dealer replace it. it should be a warranty repair and I should not be charged right? My R/T is just 2 mos brand new and only 4k miles on it.

Thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I blew my sub too... is this covered under warranty? My bass settings weren't jacked out of range, just volume was high and playing from CD.

·
Registered
413 Posts
MetroAWD said:
I blew my sub too... is this covered under warranty? My bass settings weren't jacked out of range, just volume was high and playing from CD.
I would think it is covered, but out of curiosity what were your bass settings?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts