Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
Just a general question relating to a 07 Caliber project car. I seem to have sabotaged myself by not clearly marking what nuts and bolts go where on some of my parts. Manuals aren't too clear on what size bolt/thread etc. Is there a resource out there that will tell you specifically the bolt size/thread needed for specific parts? I'd rather not do the process of elimination game as that is too time consuming. I am currently working on the entire front suspension from the crossmember subframe down. Thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone
Just a general question relating to a 07 Caliber project car. I seem to have sabotaged myself by not clearly marking what nuts and bolts go where on some of my parts. Manuals aren't too clear on what size bolt/thread etc. Is there a resource out there that will tell you specifically the bolt size/thread needed for specific parts? I'd rather not do the process of elimination game as that is too time consuming. I am currently working on the entire front suspension from the crossmember subframe down. Thanks.
Not sounding mean in my respond to your question.I did a cross member/sub frame on my Dodge Caliber 07 2 years ago if you are only doing that then it's not that hard to figure out what fits where.I put a brand new one myself on my car and i read so where if you are doing a cross member/sub frame you should go with brand new bolts/nuts.I went to a Chrysler/Dodge dealership and their parts department sold me the whole package for $20 which i thought was a steal compared to what i seen the price for the whole package is.With that said since this was my first time doing this what i did was open the package and test to see where each one fit,you already know that those 4 long ones hole the cross member/sub frame up the others like the steering knuckle you need to slowly screw each one in to see which ones fit in those holes.My advice to Any One working on a car who is a DIY Always use Permatex Anti-Seize you NEVER know when you have to do something all over again this will make it easy to take it apart if you have to i even put some on my wheel studs and lug nuts makes changing a tire easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sounding mean in my respond to your question.I did a cross member/sub frame on my Dodge Caliber 07 2 years ago if you are only doing that then it's not that hard to figure out what fits where.I put a brand new one myself on my car and i read so where if you are doing a cross member/sub frame you should go with brand new bolts/nuts.I went to a Chrysler/Dodge dealership and their parts department sold me the whole package for $20 which i thought was a steal compared to what i seen the price for the whole package is.With that said since this was my first time doing this what i did was open the package and test to see where each one fit,you already know that those 4 long ones hole the cross member/sub frame up the others like the steering knuckle you need to slowly screw each one in to see which ones fit in those holes.My advice to Any One working on a car who is a DIY Always use Permatex Anti-Seize you NEVER know when you have to do something all over again this will make it easy to take it apart if you have to i even put some on my wheel studs and lug nuts makes changing a tire easy.
Thanks for the advice. Well taken. I purchased a new subframe and they included a bold kit. For some odd reason the bag they included with the subframe was filled with like a dozen or so bolt fasteners. All the same huge size. Some have washers, some don't. The subframe only takes 4 to mount into the body so I really don't know why they gave me all these fasteners. Anyway, going by various auto parts online supply stores, some give you exploded view drawings of the area you're working on and for the major fasteners they include the size, thread and length ( example M10x1.50x7.5). The not so major ones you have to go by the drawing and match it up best you can. I always use thread lock, copper or silver lube or bearing grease. Peace out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts