Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks good, I still want to do this but it won't be till late next year. If I read the lockpick site correctly, you still need to buy the microphone to get the uconnect to work properly due to the mygig having the uconnect built into it.?.?.?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I'd like this as well.

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
UN4GTBL said:
I'm really debating putting one of these in, or saving the money and moving onto something else with a MyGIG in it
this is perfect, i am going to do this while my car is down :bigthumb:

i wanted the mygig so bad and now i can actually get it, so im going to get it and use the u-connect through that and use the rear and front cameras

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mattyice said:
this is perfect, i am going to do this while my car is down :bigthumb:

i wanted the mygig so bad and now i can actually get it, so im going to get it and use the u-connect through that and use the rear and front cameras
Great! Post some pics ...maybe you can even sticky it :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,064 Posts
i would sticky it...but the information will be deemed not helpful so im not even going to make a thread and let people figure it out on their own :lol:

·
Registered
424 Posts
definitely an option. they're relatively cheap on ebay too. cool find!

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you wanna sticky somthing, check out the other mygig thread a few lines down. Thats the thread that has the lockpick info, and info on the different mygig units. Probably would have to clean up the thread a little, the first page is nothing but how it won't work:jester:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Anybody know if this unit would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...0:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ebayphotohosting

And the lockpick kit... Do I need a MyGig specific bezel or would the old NAV radio bezel work? Would an '09 MyGig Bezel fit into an '07?
edit: THe '07 Caliber is not listed, but '08 is... Will I have access to all my EVIC and steering wheel controls afterwards? Apologies if this has already been answered, I'm still looking through the provided link.

·
Registered
161 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Part...0:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ebayphotohosting

And the lockpick kit... Do I need a MyGig specific bezel or would the old NAV radio bezel work? Would an '09 MyGig Bezel fit into an '07?
edit: THe '07 Caliber is not listed, but '08 is... Will I have access to all my EVIC and steering wheel controls afterwards? Apologies if this has already been answered, I'm still looking through the provided link.
As long as the mygig is the low speed can bus, it will work with the lockpick. Double check with the seller to be sure it is the low speed can bus unit. As far as the bezel, not to sure if the nav bezel will fit it or not. I would assume the 09 bezels will fit the 07's.
The 07 caliber isn't listed on the lockpick site, but I beleive someone called them and confirmed that the lockpick will work with the '07s. The lockpick is suppose to retain all your factory controls, ie steering wheel, uconnect ect. With the uconnect I do beleive you have to buy the microphone to plug in the back of the mygig. The uconnect feture is built into the mygig unit. Hope this helps some:bigthumb:

·
Registered
721 Posts
It does. I'm debating on spending more money on my Cali or upgrading (or downgrading depending upon how you look at it) to a VW Jetta TDI. Obviously if I keep it, this is on the list of stuff to do. Fuel is cheaper and inside is better, but a VW has a rather bland styling outside...

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The current navi bezel would work, but you would need a filler around the edges of the mygig, the current non-navi bezel would work with some cutting. I dont see any reason why a 2009 bezel wouldn't work (they are all the same, as the mygig is the same size as the standard radio)

I don't know about the EVIC stuff, i think you do, but I'd confirm with them.

IT will work for 07 calibers, i specifically emailed them and asked them about the 2007 dodge caliber (as i have one, and didnt see it listed)

·
Registered
258 Posts
It does. I'm debating on spending more money on my Cali or upgrading (or downgrading depending upon how you look at it) to a VW Jetta TDI. Obviously if I keep it, this is on the list of stuff to do. Fuel is cheaper and inside is better, but a VW has a rather bland styling outside...
Keep a small fortune if you buy the Jetta, you'll probably need it in repairs. My TDI has.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Okay, I'm interested in the MyGig, but if my rough estimate is correct, am I looking at $1000 to $1500 to upgrade? The wiring kit is $300+ and the units have been selling for $600 to $1000 on eBay (I'm not sure if these are even the ones that will work with our cars) then there is the cost of a new bezel... Can't you get a pretty nice aftermarket Nav head unit for much less? Is the only advantage to upgrading that it would be somewhat "factory" even though our cars didn't come with it? My other question would be about warranty; will the Lock Pick unit void the warranty? What are everyone's thoughts?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Another MyGig question: How many different versions are there? I've seen both 20Gb and 30gb HDs listed, also with and without navigation. Are there many variations of the MyGig that will work in our cars? Which one is the best choice or is there only one model that will work for us?

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Another MyGig question: How many different versions are there? I've seen both 20Gb and 30gb HDs listed, also with and without navigation. Are there many variations of the MyGig that will work in our cars? Which one is the best choice or is there only one model that will work for us?
Only the low-speed bus MyGIGs will work for the Calibers. (20/30GB and navi/without navi versions are available in both high speed and low speed bus)

The 20GB is the original, and the 30GB are the newer ones

There are MyGIGs available with and without Navigation, so be careful when purchasing. An obvious clue is the ones with Navi have a Navi button on the front right side above the USB plug, and the ones without navi will have an Audio button there instead

1 - 20 of 26 Posts