Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Caliber color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat and model is an SXT (fog lights/cruise control/windows tinted)








compliments: quality of ride is wonderful (very smooth), interior is comfortable, exterior is very dramatic in presentation
complaints: overhead interior has too much of a plushy feel, chillzone cover doesn't lock, blind spots
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
The leather steering wheel comes with the leather interior group and the musicgate sound group (either option) and is available on the 23/24D package (Sport is 23/24E).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TommyLee said:
The leather steering wheel comes with the leather interior group and the musicgate sound group (either option) and is available on the 23/24D package (Sport is 23/24E).
i know...but, as i said...i didn't opt for the sport package...because didn't want the inserts...and wanted cloth seats instead of leather (had leather seats in a car before...and disliked seats on very hot days and the way they can wear down)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
RiCEADDiCTBOY said:
i know...but, as i said...i didn't opt for the sport package...because didn't want the inserts...and wanted cloth seats instead of leather (had leather seats in a car before...and disliked seats on very hot days and the way they can wear down)
The 23D (manual tranny) and 24D (auto tranny) are both non-sport SXT's. All you had to do was get the musicgate option and it would come with a leather steering wheel with audio controls (see below) and you would not have to have leather interior. What I was trying to say was that either of those options, individually, gives you the leather steering wheel.

Leather Interior Group (only available on non-sport SXT and R/T)
- Heated Front Seats
- Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Manual Driver Lumbar Adjust
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls

MusicGate Power (TM) Sound System (available on all Caliber models)
- 2 Articulating Liftgate Speakers
- 6 Boston Accoustic Spkrs w/ Subwoofer
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel (only on SXT and R/T)
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Controls (only on SXT and R/T)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TommyLee said:
The 23D (manual tranny) and 24D (auto tranny) are both non-sport SXT's. All you had to do was get the musicgate option and it would come with a leather steering wheel with audio controls and you would not have to have leather interior. What I was trying to say was that either of those options, individually, gives you the leather steering wheel.
i know. i know. again...i chose specific options that suited my needs and removed options. what i'm just saying is...didn't need/ or want certain options...the sales manager offered the leather steering wheel at like $50 (factory price) as opposed to around $280 retail without going thru the hassle of getting options i didn't want just for it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
RiCEADDiCTBOY said:
i know. i know. again...i chose specific options that suited my needs and removed options. what i'm just saying is...didn't need/ or want certain options...the sales manager offered the leather steering wheel at like $50 (factory price) as opposed to around $280 retail without going thru the hassle of getting options i didn't want just for it...
As long as you know. As for the wheel being $50, dealer cost is much higher than $50. If he is charging you this, then he is most likely taking it off of another car, which is no big deal except for the customer who buys the car he is taking it off of.

And... What you said (twice) was that you didn't want the sport because you didn't want the inserts. I simply let you know how it could have been obtained without getting the sport package.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
RiCEADDiCTBOY said:
[this is a placement holder for future pictures and information]

I will be picking up my Caliber sometime between now and the 12th. My Caliber color is Inferno Red Crystal Pearl Coat and model is an SXT.

............
Thats cool, definately keep us updated on when you get it!

Dealers near me have ran out of Calibers, and have been out for 2 weeks now:eek:

I have also ran out of dealers to test drive from!.... Wait, I have one more place I can go:D


Easy guys, easy....lol....its only a leather wrapped steering wheel:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
By the way, where are you stationed? I spent 10 years in the AF (actually the AF ANG) as a Jet Engine Mech on the F-16 in Montgomery, AL.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
Xtreme Thunder said:
Easy guys, easy....lol....its only a leather wrapped steering wheel:D:D
Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across like that (although reading it myself, it certainly does). I just wanted him to get what he wanted, in the package that he wanted.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TommyLee said:
By the way, where are you stationed? I spent 10 years in the AF (actually the AF ANG) as a Jet Engine Mech on the F-16 in Montgomery, AL.
Lackland AFB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TommyLee said:
Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across like that (although reading it myself, it certainly does). I just wanted him to get what he wanted, in the package that he wanted.
you didn't bother me. =P

anyways...its already been ordered...and i didn't know it didn't...so i was trying to find a way to work around it. didn't say it was going to be 50...but, that was a number they threw at me...he is going to call tommorow morning with actual figuers...but, if anyone knows the FACTORY price (not the RETAIL) let me know.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
TommyLee said:
Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across like that (although reading it myself, it certainly does). I just wanted him to get what he wanted, in the package that he wanted.
Ohh, it don't bother me any, you guys were having a civil conversation.

Definately cleared that up for me at least, I think I will go all out for the leather when I order/ get mine, being I can't decide on an interior/exterior color. The only down side to that is the center stack and shifter bezel will be silver not body color (probably Sunburst Orange), oh well, looks like I will have to get the aftermarket ones and do it that way. I will need to upgrade the center one anyway, in-dash navi will have a new home in there:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
182 Posts
Hey,
Sounds like your gonna have a great Cali! Can't wait to see your pictures. 13 More days for mine....can't wait!! Congrats Bro!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
umf said:
Hey,
Sounds like your gonna have a great Cali! Can't wait to see your pictures. 13 More days for mine....can't wait!! Congrats Bro!
Doesn't time go so slow when you are waiting for something this exciting!?!?:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also...fyi...it was my wife who made mention of not needing the musicgate simply because "where would the practical use of a tailgate system ever be warranted for use?"

...which sorta is true...we don't live near a beach...we don't have tailgate parties...

it is a cool feature (as i said before)...but the use of it would be once in a blue moon...and the money towards the musicgate can be redirected towards audio equipment within my taste and preference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
RiCEADDiCTBOY said:
also...fyi...it was my wife who made mention of not needing the musicgate simply because "where would the practical use of a tailgate system ever be warranted for use?"

...which sorta is true...we don't live near a beach...we don't have tailgate parties...

it is a cool feature (as i said before)...but the use of it would be once in a blue moon...and the money towards the musicgate can be redirected towards audio equipment within my taste and preference.
I originally had this idea, too, but the MusicGate system is more about having the 9 speakers than having the 2 in the gate. It's way cheaper to upgrade the stereo through dodge than going to do aftermarket, not to mention the Boston Acoustics package is tailor-made for the Caliber. Now if sound quality isn't important for you and you'd never get an aftermarket stereo, then by all means. just my thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
b0r0n said:
I originally had this idea, too, but the MusicGate system is more about having the 9 speakers than having the 2 in the gate. It's way cheaper to upgrade the stereo through dodge than going to do aftermarket, not to mention the Boston Acoustics package is tailor-made for the Caliber. Now if sound quality isn't important for you and you'd never get an aftermarket stereo, then by all means. just my thoughts.
confusing last statement: Now if sound quality isn't important for you and you'd never get an aftermarket stereo, then by all means. just my thoughts.

but, anyways...i prefer aftermarket headunit and speakers from polk audio and etc...thats just me. i just have a complete biased opinion after years of being around car nuts...and i just happened to become another opinionated individual...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
my caliber just arrived...going with the wife to go inspect it and pick it up...

tommorow i have to get the FREE tinting done...at 9 am though... =/

oh well...

and the hood cover should be in 2-3 days....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
Cool deal, congrats!

RiCEADDiCTBOY said:
...tommorow i have to get the FREE tinting done...
FREE???

I want to get the leather steering wheel too.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top