Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. My right front will go in and out when listening to my loud music. I have checked the fuse in the engine bay which was fine. I think it make be an autobreaker fuse in the amp? Or maybe it could just be a bad connection? This is on the stock stereo system.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If it is only the one speaker, it has to either be the connection on the speaker or the connection on the back of the radio or the wiring. Probably the thump thump of the music making the connection loose. I would check speaker since that is where the thump thump would occur.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
thump thump...funny...pull the cover off the door and see if the connections are rubbing on the inside of the door. this will cause the speaker to short out.
Bryan

·
Registered
153 Posts
I thought Thump Thump is a technical term!!!!!

You all know what I mean!!!!! LOL

If the problem is the Thump Thump making the speaker cut out I will have the last laugh.....

Thanks boostdog for translating for me.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Checked the conn, didn't seem loose. Hasn't done it since though. We will see.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still cutting out... only with ipod though I think. Ima try a cd today.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I *don't* have the BA system, and when I play music loud one of the front speakers cuts out. But I think it's my left speaker. I've only noticed it when playing CD's... but I don't crank my music much when it's on radio.

Keep me in the loop... I want to know what the fix is. I know, I know, I'll take it to the dealer some day to fix it. I'm not going to take it in for a minor issue like this, I'll wait until I'm going there for something else.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm taking mine in tomorrow for the speaker issue and that my aux jack has come unglued? The aux jack still works fine, but moves around. I will let you know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Took it to the dealer..... I talked to the quality control manage and he thought it was my CD that was cutting out the speakers. After driving around and showing him how my iPod does it and other CD's do it, I finally convinced him to replace the radio. They ordered a new radio for me and it should be in next week.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I checked the speaker connections on my own so I do not think it was that. We will see.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
i still think that it is hitting the metal on the door causing it to short out. i would take the speaker out and put some tape around the metal in the door where the speaker term. would be touching. i had the same prob. with the aftermarkets i put it. a few pieces of electrical tape and it works great.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright... I will check that but won't do anything till they replace my radio. My aux jack is "defective" :)

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
^ i can see that it could be but since there are other members with the same issue...they should try to the tape trick.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They replaced the stereo today.... everything is alright so far.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had the same problem with my Caliber when I drove it off the lot. My fricken 05 Dakota did the same darn thing. I ended up having a team of so called "audio experts" come and look at my car from Chrysler since I live in Detroit. When I tried to reproduce the problem for them it wouldnt happen, but when I left the lot again, so did the speakers cutting out. I did have another stock radio ordered (6-disc HD radio mess up, so I got an up grade:)) and I still had the same problems. Once I got my new stock 6-disc put in I said screw it and I ran down to my local Best Buy and had them put in my Pioneer 50x4watt and I havent had a problem since... I also get way more POWER out of my Pioneer, so I'd say get an aftermarket radio cause Dodge ain't gonna do **** for you... Well that was my 2 cents, take it how you want...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts