Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a couple days ago my friend told me that one of my license plate lights was out. so i looked at it, and it was... i thought it might of been loose so i tapped it and it turned back on... then i noticed last night that it was out again, i took it out, and it was dead... so today i went and bought another one... ($2.17!!! thats ridiculious!!! especially for such a small bulb!!!), and replaced it, and its now burnt out again... i'm thinking there might be a short somewhere? i'll take it to the dealer next week to see what they thinks going on

·
Registered
590 Posts
my light is also out, but on the left side.
i sayd it my dealer and 'll get a new one.

think that you don't have to pay for it, cause the car is new.
friendly dealer would pay it i think.

hope that i don't have the same prob like you and it will die again.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You may have a problem with an over-voltage or (more likely) over-current issue, or it may simply be a matter of "cheap" bulbs.....in any case, the simplest course of action is to let the dealer service the vehicle under warranty.....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well... last night my front right headlight went out. got home to change cars, and the damned thing (pardon me) started working again, wonder whats up...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
haha... its ok.... i just put it here becasue they might be connected in some random ass way... you never know with cars now-a-days

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought my cali june 29th... on july 5th i got pulled over and got a warning for no tag lights... i was like WTF got out of the car (thought the cop was gunna shoot me when i reached to get out lol) and walked behind the car and looked for my self... took it to dodge the next day and both fu*king bulbs were BUSTED not blown SHATTERED! they blamed the sh*t on me!! i told them fix it now so they did. thats my tag light story lol

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
sxtcaliguy07 said:
I bought my cali june 29th... on july 5th i got pulled over and got a warning for no tag lights... i was like WTF got out of the car (thought the cop was gunna shoot me when i reached to get out lol) and walked behind the car and looked for my self... took it to dodge the next day and both fu*king bulbs were BUSTED not blown SHATTERED! they blamed the sh*t on me!! i told them fix it now so they did. thats my tag light story lol
He/she kicked them out before, so he/she could pull you over to see a Caliber upclose!!!:D:D:D:p:p

Thats crazy though...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Completely irrelevant, but I'm posting anyway 'cause I think it's interesting that "so many" people have had license plate light problems...... The left license plate light on my car was not just burned out, but actually cracked fairly neatly all around the base. I had an empty glass bulb in one hand and a filimant in the other. $1.79 for a pair of bulbs at Wal-Mart and about fifteen seconds fixed that.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I wonder how many of these broken bulb problems arent from people closing the hatch a little to hard?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mine isnt cracked, and doesnt keep cracking. its actually burnt on the inside of the bulb, and keeps doing it.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Brooksie1of1 said:
mine isnt cracked, and doesnt keep cracking. its actually burnt on the inside of the bulb, and keeps doing it.
Same rules apply for the filament breaking(inside). Take a regular light bulb in a lamp or what not and bounce it off the ground a few times while the light is on and see what happens. Not saying this is the overall problem, but doesn't help any.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've lost my left one as well, just burnt out.

i replaced it with a spare bulb i had from the instrument cluster from the crotch rocket, and now I have 2 different light intensities. :\

·
Registered
33 Posts
After reading about people having this problem here, I checked mine last night. Both are dead, I don't know for how long I have been without them.

My guess is it is the force needed to close the hatch. I have to close mine with a fair amount of force because if I do not, then I get the "Hatch Open" message on my Driver Information screen.

So I do not put all my weight on it and slam it, but I know what pressure needs to be applied. Its really no more than needed for our Escape, but it does not have this problem. So I think its more the position of the lights.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just got back from the dealer for the bulb issue, they replaced both bulbs with no trouble, but said it was the first they heard of it. I told them about what I read here, and that I would not have checked if not for reading this, so I said that they will be seeing more soon enough.

Anyway, info for those affected:

They told me that my coverage for these lights is 1 year, 12,000 miles, I am at 11,349, so I am glad I read this now!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Many of these problems may have already been corrected as of build date "X" but if everyone don't list the build month & year of their car there is no way to tell by reading if it's still a problem or if it's been corrected. Maybe everyone should list the build month & year in their sig. :confused:

·
Registered
129 Posts
I checked today and both of mine are burnt out. The filaments are broken, but the glass is still intact.

I'm also guessing that this is a hatchback slamming problem.

I just placed an order on eBay for LED replacement bulbs. LED's are more durable than regular bulbs, so they should be able to take more abuse. I'll update when I get them to see if they fit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts