Tiff

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Haha...Bang you lucky bastard..:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
I have noticed the road noise, but I just turn up the stereo and open the sunroof! :cool:

I also ordered some Goodyear Eagle LS-2 in a 225/50-18 for the R/T today. It will take them a week to get the tires in, damn 18 inch tires.

On another note, got the windows tinted today and ordered the chrome gas cover.

·
Registered
311 Posts
mr_badda_bing said:
... On another note, got the windows tinted today and ordered the chrome gas cover.
Good deal. Can't wait to see.

Tyke

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Pics mr_badda_bing!!! :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was almost going to give up on the Caliber because of the road noise until I saw from reports on here that it was the Firestone tire.

I knew it was the tires, but I didn't think they'd make that big a difference, but apparently they do.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Calibers with the steel wheels have a sort of "hollowy din" type of sound inside the car mostly when going over road bumps, potholes, road "lines" (what are they called when you're going down the highway and you get the bedump, bedump, bedump.... what are those lines called?)

I took out the virtually the same car, one with the 17" steels and one with the 17" aluminums, and the difference was unbelievable. I would NOT buy the Caliber if all of the models sounded like that. I have not driven the SE with 15's, so I don't know if there is as much a problem with those.

YMMV! ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
They are called expansion joints. When I was in Ohio one very hot summer, the expansion joints were not large enough and the concrete paving buckled, closing down the highway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts