Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I went on a trip to Arizona (Live in TX) at the end of July and the Cali did great! We got up to 31 mpg on cruise at 75mph. I was excited! haha.

I've been having the same probs as most everyone else. (Clicking, Leaky rear windshield sprayer, my passenger seat wobbles, and i have this whining noise when i turn my steering wheel left) I took it in to the dealership just before we went on our trip, and they fixed the recall that was put out on it. That's it. They claimed everything I had told them was working to factory specs. (the clicking, oh that's the metal contracting and they didn't hear any whining noises...) I was mad. I just had my co-workers make a comment on the clicking this morning, it is not a normal thing!!!! I am going to schedule to take it in again. Any advice on getting them to fix everything and not give me a load of bs again??!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
jeez i don't know. my dealership has taken care of anything i have mentioned and something i didn't, and have never charged me. they even gave me a free hat.

maybe print off some of the other testimonials of others on this forum of how well their dealerships have taken care of the exact same problems as yours and then take that to the dealership you're working with, or just go to another one maybe?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been meaning to ask, I assume that's ok to do? Take your car to another dealer than the one you bought it from? (I'm new to having a new car and warranty stuff....sorry)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Never been a problem before that I know of. The selling dealer would LIKE you to come back to them. But the other dealers are out there to make money too, so they would gladly like to get you as a regular!

Example: If you moved 500 miles away there's no way you would take it back to the selling dealer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
courtscaliber06 --

I live in Dallas and take my Caliber to a dealer other than the one I purchased it from due to the poor service department at the original dealer. Park Cities Dodge in Dallas fixed my "click" once I showed them a thread from this forum stating that the dealer should replace the entire exhaust system. Park Cities called DCX and got the okay to do so -- no more click after 2 months. They also fixed the passenger seat which had basically the same problem yours seems to have. I believe there is a TSB on the seat - you can look under that thread on this forum to find it. They could not fix the drip from the rear windshield washer. Apparently there is nothing from DCX on it yet. It was the most minor of the problems I've had anyway. I would definitely find another dealer to do my service work if you are not satisfied -- providing there are other options where you live. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I also live in Dallas. North Dallas. I bought my car from Dallas Dodge at 635 and Jupiter and have had a good experience. I 'grabbed' my Caliber from a newly-arrived load and didn't get satellite radio. I checked and found it could be installed after-the-fact. I checked with Parts and they had the install kits and the Service dept said they'd do the install. It took all day because, well, the Caliber is so new they had never done this before. But, whomever the tech was, he took his time to study every step. The install was billiable for two and a half hours but he took maybe three times as long. In the end, the Sirius Satellite installation was indistinguishable from a factory installation, just two times the cost. Sirius reception is integrated within the display of my in-dash factory 6-CD radio. The antenna is mounted, factory-like, near the rear center of the roof with no visible wires leading from it. As an aside, I took deliver of the finished car and parked in the parking lot of the dealership to call Sirius and activate the radio using the U-Connect I have (Bluetooth connectivity - also integrated into the display of the radio) and although I dialed Sirius, I couldn't "Press 1 for English" through the U-Connect. I went back to the service writer and told him that it appeared that the Sirius installation 'broke' the U-Connect. They took it back in without hesitation and moments later I was called to demonstrate the problem to the tech. I repeated the problem several times with the Sirius 800-number. The tech said to try another number and I did, but this time it worked! Hhmmmm.... I called Sirius again and this time I saw what the problem was; U-Connect wasn't broken. What was happening, only with the Sirius 800 number, was that the phone was getting a 'connected' status reported back. U-Connect will won't send additional commands to a number it thinks hasn't answered yet. To me, however, Sirius had answered and was waiting for my input. Sorry this turned into a long story but maybe it can help someone who is just as mystified as I was.

·
Registered
187 Posts
In my note above, I meant to say that my U-Connect WAS NOT getting a 'connected' status reported back after the call was answered, but just on the Sirius 800-number.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I am definitely keeping track of all these issues everyone has had, and I will take some printouts from this forum as ammo if/when I ever have to go in and have something fixed. Another great thing about having this forum online!

I'm gonna have to talk my way into a free hat also :)

·
Registered
683 Posts
courtscaliber06 said:
I've been meaning to ask, I assume that's ok to do? Take your car to another dealer than the one you bought it from? (I'm new to having a new car and warranty stuff....sorry)
Your warranty is good at any Dodge dealership. If you have several in your area then try one at a time. Stop by and introduce yourself to the service manager and explain why you changed dealerships. Be very polite. Hopefully you'll find a dealership that is willing to help you. Everythings been fixed on mine and like others have said, some things I didn't even ask for.

The seat clicking has a TSB out for it. Both front seats are prone to this.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Steering wheel- IF you hear a click in the steering wheel when you turn it, its the CLOCK SPRING, a potentially serious problem if not corrected. Many DCX vehicles have suffered this issue, and replaced under warranty.

The clock spring is what keeps the airbag energized (powered) while the wheel turns.

We too have the leaky rear window washer nozzle. IIRC, this will resolve itself in a year. The PTs suffered the same issue with the fronts at first. Engine heat caused the fluid in the lines to expand, and with the check valve in the reservoir, the fluid only had one way out- on the hood.

S

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will definitely try taking my car to a different dealership. I live in Carrollton, so I'm not far at all from Park Cities! Hopefully I can get all my probs fixed. And my steering wheel, it's more like a whining, like power steering. But I'm not sure if it's that or something else. Thanks everyone!!! I love this forum! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts