Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys know this has been discussed before...BUt since we get new members everyday..jus wanted to know how it handles when taking a road trip....thinking about doing one...just wantd to hear from you folks.....:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Been to Florida and back. Holds the road and handles well, only complaint is because of the short wheelbase the ride is choppy on stretchs of old concreate slab Interstates where the road is buckled.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the lightest Caliber, the SE. I don't know if the suspension is the same as the SXT. I would most certainly think the SE & R/T suspenders aren't the same, but I'm not a mechanic. My SE works well on most surfaces. As mentioned tho, long rough roadways could be tiresome. Only pretend car racers will complain about the cornering. The front seats are very comfortable for me(5'9", 180 lbs, bad back) making daytrips pleasant. I'm looking forward to vacation travels, even with my back.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I do just fine in my Caliber on long road trips. Set the cruise, turn up the tunes, kick back and enjoy the ride. And just hope the other drivers on the road cooperate with your driving enjoyment.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the messages guys....im in vegas and thinking of taking a trip to LA....its an easy drive..mostly straighways...but i just wanted to know how the caliber handles....the only thing that is pulling me back is the mileage thats gonna be put on the car...i only got maybe 5000 miles... :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts