Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how big or a rock chip can be fixed i just counted a total of 5 4 litle ones and 1 scary one about 3/4" round.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Re: Rock Chits in wind shiled

Time for a new one, small or large, they can all crack in a heart beat, the 3/4 one says it done.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no covrage on it can only see the big one in the dead center

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Go to your local parts store and grab a windshield crack repair kit. It will bond the chip and prevent it from spidering. If you apply it well it will also make it a little less obvious.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you have to love the power of chash 2 chips for 20.$
when you walk in it says 25$ a chip.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I had a small rock chip that had just started to spider, and then about a week later i got hit by a prety good sized rock making a quarter-sized chip which immediately started to crack in one direction (I could literally watch the crack move down my windshield). By the time I called my local Novus windshield repair guy it had grown to about 10 inches long. He was able to fix both cracks, I can barely find the first one. the second one is slightly more noticable if looked at from different angles but it isn't going anywhere, and my insurance paid for it. I recommend to anyone who has to drive on gravel roads, or where they use gravel on icy roads to have windshield protection on their insurance.

Also, a piece of advice I was given.. if you have a growing crack, don't run your defrost, cracks migrate towards the warmer part of the windshield.

·
Registered
746 Posts
i had this rock hit my windshield last summer on the hwy and nothing happend just this tiny little knick far off to the right. then an hour later i had a crack about a foot long reaching toward my side. i figure ok, let's see how far this'll go... it grew inch by inch for most of fall and one day in december, i decided crank the heat and a couple of minutes later i used the washer fluid and CRACK!! in the blink of an eye, i had a line all the way across the windshield. good thing i was insured as the windshield cost just under a grand to repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts