Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tinted my rear windows and until today hadn't rolled them down all the way. I looked back and they aren't flush? As in when they are rolled all the way down a portion of the window sticks out, is that right????? :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
How much sticks out? Depending on how much, it sounds like the rear windows are child-proof (only go down halfway).

·
Registered
126 Posts
Diddo, my windows do not roll all the way down in the back. Part that does not is close to the front of the car.

·
Registered
384 Posts
None of my cars' rear windows have rolled down all the way...

Isn't a child-proof thing?

My sister's 03 Corolla rear windows roll down all the way tho so it's definitely not a standard thing on all cars

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 2004 Jeep Liberty rear windows went all the way down. I was shocked and surprised the first time they went all the way down. After we discovered that, they were locked to keep the daughters fingers off the switch.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not child proofing, the window is only visible in the front corner maybe 2 inches.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hmm.. sounds weird then. I would get it checked out. Can you post a picture?

·
Registered
141 Posts
My rear windows when lowered also stick out an inch or so in the front corner. It looks like this is a result of the sharp angles in the design. The interior window sill slopes up from front to back. The front corner is lower than the rear and doesn't fully cover the glass. Or maybe I'm just looking too hard.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Do you all mean stick OUT (to the side) or stick UP (a portion does not retract inside the door panel)?

True, on most cars recently the rear windows rolls down only maybe 1/2 or 2/3 - because of the swoopy curve shape of the door frames the glass can't physically fit. Or it could be a safety thing...

Caliber rear windows will roll down "all" the way, or a lot farther down than we have been conditioned to expect. Except for this sticking-up portion, apparently.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
it has to do with the shape of the car & the depth of the door.. same thing with my 1gen.. you cant roll it down because the shape of the door forbids it [it curves in where the glass needs to be straight [duh] .. it could be simply that the door is not long enough to hold the mechanism to opperate it & the window itself.. [they call it child-proof, i call it bad design]

·
Registered
141 Posts
Kathy,
The glass sticks UP an inch or so in the front corner when the rear window is lowered.

Suz,
I think you're right about it being a result of differing shapes. I tried to describe it above, but not too well.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Pictures anyone?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its normal, its how the doors are design... the doors are small and the windows are curve in the front a little different to make it line up to the roof.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
orangecalibersxt said:
Pictures anyone?
Not yet, but I will take some when it's not thuder storming and hailing :eek: outside.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
suzq044 said:
it has to do with the shape of the car & the depth of the door.. same thing with my 1gen.. you cant roll it down because the shape of the door forbids it [it curves in where the glass needs to be straight [duh] .. it could be simply that the door is not long enough to hold the mechanism to opperate it & the window itself.. [they call it child-proof, i call it bad design]
What Suzq says.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine's the same. I noticed it the first day but just figured they weren't meant to go down all the way. No big deal. It looked to me as if it went down all the way it would be sticking into the rear wheel well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts