Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Just wanted to pass this on. I have a Yakima roof rack system from my previous car. I spoke to Yakima today and they informed me they will never have Q-clips for their roof rack system for the Caliber. Has anyone tried the mopar racks? Not sure how I feel about bolting them in permanently. Do the mopar make alot fo noise at high speed?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Some one here on the BB got one of those Mopar racks and had some trouble with it (too lazy to search). I haven't seen a rack worth money yet.

It's really stupid of DCX to not have incorporated some rack system into those plastic useless rails on the roof. It would've been so easy and nice looking.

·
Registered
371 Posts
GOT said:
Some one here on the BB got one of those Mopar racks and had some trouble with it (too lazy to search). I haven't seen a rack worth money yet.

It's really stupid of DCX to not have incorporated some rack system into those plastic useless rails on the roof. It would've been so easy and nice looking.
This may be the only time i have to disagree with you, I hope. I definately don't want to get into a HSKR/Bulldogger match!:eek: When I first looked at this car, I was happy because they didn't just throw in a roof rack like everyone else. I have never used one and I didn't want one. To me, they just look like another jeep or soccer mom add on. And as far as bycycles, I don't want anyone thinking that I ride one, remember ewitz? And for all the people that do ride one, that's fine for you, but not for me. If I can't stuff it in my Caliber, then I don't need it.

I still think you're an alright guy GOT. are we still friends?

Fitz

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Fitz said:
This may be the only time i have to disagree with you, I hope. I definately don't want to get into a HSKR/Bulldogger match!:eek: When I first looked at this car, I was happy because they didn't just throw in a roof rack like everyone else. I have never used one and I didn't want one. To me, they just look like another jeep or soccer mom add on. And as far as bycycles, I don't want anyone thinking that I ride one, remember ewitz? And for all the people that do ride one, that's fine for you, but not for me. If I can't stuff it in my Caliber, then I don't need it.

I still think you're an alright guy GOT. are we still friends?

Fitz
Awelright, that does it...:D ;) No, you're good. I didn't realize that anybody agreed with even one thing I have ever said anyways:p :p :p

I like canoeing. Thems hard to get inside of anything:p ...and I'm not puting one of those hideous, after-thought-clamp-on racks on my Caliber. Don't know what I'm gonna do... of course I need to get the canoe first.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Never thought of a canoe. Hmmmm? You may be right after all. I wish I had a canoe, and if I did, well I'd need a roof rack! You've opened my eyes!!!:cool: :rolleyes: :) Well, I guess I don't disagree with you after all! Too bad we aren't world leaders, huh?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts