Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I was wondering.
If you take the bezel off, is there room for another radio below the installed radio? I am planning on putting a K301 - 7" InDash VGA Touchscreen USB in there.
Has someone got the same idea or someone has already done it?
Perhaps someone can post a picture of the console with the bezel off ??

(I still have to wait for a couple of months before my Caliber will be delivered)

Edit: I just found out there should be a double din iso in there .....

·
Registered
683 Posts
Mopar sells an accessory bezel with the larger opening. It's intended use is with the Mopar NAV/CD system which is a double din I believe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Huff said:
Mopar sells an accessory bezel with the larger opening. It's intended use is with the Mopar NAV/CD system which is a double din I believe.
Any idea of the costs of such a bezel?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Huff, we know that there's an accessory bezel with a larger opening for the double-din Mopar NAV/CD System. Is the Mopar NAV/CD System compatible with the Musicgate System? My guess is yes, but i'm trying to be sure.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yes, the Mopar Nav/6CD/Mp3 stereo is fully compatible with the musicgate, sirius, uconnect etc. It is the same stereo that can be bought factory installed or as an accessory.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I saw the bezel on dodgeparts.com today when I was looking around.

·
Registered
83 Posts
there are two different ones, i did not find a description there pointing out the differences...

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
wow... i am ... i am... how to say it.. i am *$!&%....

the mopar-part in the shop costs round 50$

the austrian chrysler-dealer does not yet have lists of parts for the caliber, but looking into their computer he told me the price for austria...

120€ without taxes.... 120... that is nearly 3 times the mopar-price in the us...

woah... i am pissed...

anyone, who exchanged it, selling his original bezel?

i am ready to pay the mopar-price plus shipping...

oh, damn i am *beep* *beeep* *beeepeeeepeeepeeeeep*

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Can anybody tell me the exact size of the hole in the Bezel for the nav radio?
(The double DIN ISO hole in the Bezel)

I couldn't find it in the service manual....

I want to know if it would be possible to mount something like this: digitalww.com/WRX001.htm in the Calibers Nav Bezel

·
Registered
15 Posts
the Export Market Calibers with the REJ Navigation Radio's hole openning would be the same size opening as say a Chrysler 300 or Dodge Magnum for example with the REC Navigation Radio

1 - 15 of 15 Posts