Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My R/T early morning cold start sounds alot rougher now that the colder weather is here. It doesn't sound good, but starts up nonetheless.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Marc

·
Registered
343 Posts
I've noticed mine starts a little rough the first few seconds and it evens right out. I let the idle die down after a minute and take off. I'd be that way too if someone rousted me out of bed on a cold morning.

I remember the old minivan with the mitsu engine and mikuni carbs, damn thing was damn near redline while it was warming up, but that was in NH with 30 degree's out was warm :D

That reminds me, do they have an engine block heater for the Caliber yet? Not that I need it, but it would be nice for the canuks and northerner's

·
Registered
37 Posts
im in florida and its been getting colder here lately and mine kind of feels like its going to stall at first but picks right back up... its just cause its a little chilly...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't know what you southerners consider a cold start ;) lol, but my cali starts the same at -15c as it does when at +10c. My cali is one of the best cars I've owned (cold start wise). Sure she idle's high for a few mins when she's cold but then she perks right up. Who knows, maybe they design the canadian calibers a little bit diffrent :).

·
Registered
198 Posts
LOL, yeah here in Cincinnati it was 37 degrees last week and mine started up like a charm. We'll see how it does when it really gets cold here.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It was 13 degrees here yesterday morning, I let it warm up for about 10 minutes, and the heater had it nice and warm in there for me. Great car.

G

·
Ive had the same problems this past week but its because weve had weather in the 30's in the mornings, I dont think its anything to be alarmed about at all

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I havent noticed anything odd about cold starts but this weekend we are going to have some lows in the 20s so ill get a chance to observe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thermometer in the car read -2 this morning. Nice layer of frost on all the windows but she started right up no problem. That damn leather is cold though, even with the heated seats which only heats up the part where your cheeks are.

·
Registered
53 Posts
im in ontario, and its pretty cold over nite now, and my engine definatly sounds rougher in the mornings when i start it up, and even driving it to the train station it sounds bad...ill be going in for my first oil change next week, i think ill mention this.....also she hasnt had a good highway drive in a while, ill fix that this weekend, maybe she just needs a good run!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts