Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting patiently since April to buy a RT AWD, but was told early on by a friend of my dad (someone involved in overseas production) to wait until a problem with a faulty computer chip that caused the car to stall when going uphill fully loaded was fixed. Does anyone have any advice for me--I'm tired of waiting!

Another quick question--I'm in the northern part of CA and am wondering about the availability of RT AWD's -- I kid you not, there are actually two in stock in this entire area. If I wanted front-wheel drive, I'd have my pick, but the AWD's are scarce. What's with that? Thanks for the help!:)

·
Registered
614 Posts
My R/T does not stall under any load condition. That sounds unfounded to me.

The R/T AWD is not easily found anywhere. Big demand, small supply. In the AWD world, the Caliber is quite the bargain and the secret is out.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have had no stall problems with my AWD R/T...in fact i've had no problems at all and i'm over 7000km now. As far as availability...best of luck! They are alot of car for the money and they sell quick. I got lucky and watched mine come off the cargo truck when i went in to look at them...fully loaded with eveything you can imagine!

·
Registered
114 Posts
They are a ton of fun to drive but the best is yet to come!...Next week she makes her inaugural debut on the twists and turns of the snow covered mountain highway to Mt. Baker for the first snow ride of the season!. I can hardly wait to see it kick ass in the deep stuff!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The dealer by me has 3 R/T AWD in stock and more are coming. I have owned mine for 1 1/2 weeks and no stall problems here. These are pretty fun to drive, Mind you I traded in an 2005 Subaru WRX. Im still breakin her in.

·
Registered
340 Posts
No stalling at 15000+ miles.

Plenty of AWD's at Local Northern Ohio Dealers.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've never had a stalling problem and I'm gonna roll 11,000 miles in the next day or two. The car just gets better and better. And it has really proven itsself in the big storm we had last thursday night. We're still getting our streets cleaned up here, and things are a mess! But the Caliber has been terrific.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had stalling problems a couple times when I leave my house in the morning. Back out of driveway, shift to drive, and then a stall. Has happened 3 times or so.

11,500 miles, got it in March.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I only had it (almost) stall going from reverse to drive maybe once or twice. It just lost power for a second but was fine after that. No problems since then and I've had mine for 3 months.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
They really arnt bad... compared to a sports car they cant hold a candle... but to a $20,000 station wagon with 7" ground clearance its really a nice driving car. I find myself hugging turns and pulling away from traffic flow without noticing... stable as all hell even with the crappy firestones i have yet to hear the tires scream.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The AWD R/T is a great vehicle that I ENJOY driving. When I first got it, I made 'special' trips (12 trips just for a pack of eggs). Can you imagine if my wife had asked for a loaf of bread?!?!?!

Tyke

1 - 13 of 13 Posts