Dodge Caliber Forums banner

RT/SXT and Seat Inserts?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  LuckyBoy2007 
#1 ·
I called Chrystler today to get the latest scoop on my caliber. The SXT I ordered July 8 is still in D status. (I canceled that order when I found out the FWD RT was available, but the dealer is going to sell it anyway) The RT I ordered August 28 is also in D status. I don't think either one will ever make it to D1.

Also, does anyone know if you can get the YES essential premium cloth seats with the red seat inserts? I first ordered the red seat inserts and later had the YES essentials added to the option list. The dealer could not tell me what would happen to the seat inserts. Dodge could not tell me either and told me to ask my dealer. What a bunch of bone heads. I don't think anyone at Dodge knows what is going on.

#3 · (Edited)
Not to take this offtopic, but I don't think you can even get an SXT Sport anymore (Package E). It seems as if you can only get package D now according to Dodge's website. The only way you can get seat inserts is if you get an R/T now. Which is fine by me because it makes my Caliber SXT Sport more valuable as only a limited production were made if this is really true.

And like Grendel Cave said, don't call Chrysler to see what you're vehicle status is. They don't know their @$$ from a hole in the ground when it comes to the status of your car as bad as that seems.

You can't get YES with seat inserts, but I wonder if you can buy some 3M Scotchguard and spray your seats with that? Has anyone tried this?

#6 ·
Lurker said:
I just bought a SXT sports package 2 days ago, it is the sports package with "Yes" seats....so yes to that question. My friend at the dealer said they got the car in a day in a half before I bought it. :D
Thats not possible. I'd like to see the window sticker. Every place that lists the Caliber options, including the Dodge Caliber Brochure Booklet says that with Package 23/24E (SXT Sport) and Package 26X w/inserts (R/T), you CANNOT get YES Essentials with the seat inserts. So I'd like to see the window stick to prove it.

#8 ·
LuckyBoy2007 said:
I see the changes to the web site.

You can no longer order the SXT E (sport) package and they don't list the color keyed seats either. Very confusing. I recently ordered an R/T with the YES essentials but the web site doesn't even list that as an option with the R/T.
Did the R/T have seat inserts, or normal seats? The Dodge website does list seat inserts for the R/T model only. No more Package E for the SXT I guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.