Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Move to Texas or Florida. If that's not possible, then wash often and thoroughly.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Put a nice fresh coat of wax before it's too late........if you have chrome wheels use a chome polish with a protectant in it. Otherwise try to drive as little as possible to avoid the salt....LOL

·
Registered
361 Posts
EXcaliber said:
if you have chrome wheels use a chome polish with a protectant in it.
You wouldn't happen to know a good brand for that, would you? Is that needed for the non-chrome wheels as well?

·
Registered
413 Posts
I used Mothers Chrome Polish (claims it has advanced protection...whatever that means!)...........I guess it depends on what you have. If you have painted wheels maybe just wax will do, but if they are aluminum or polished aluminum, I'm sure there is a similar product to do the job............check your local auto parts store or Walmart/Target stores. Just make sure the product says it protects not just cleans the wheels.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I just moved from florida a few years ago, don't plan on going back, I'll just get a good coat of wax on it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'll slap a coat of wax on the wheels this weekend. I jsut have the standard R/T wheels, I didn't get the chrome ones. They're in need of a good cleaning anyway, they've got a pretty good layer of brake dust on them now.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In Finland you can have rust-protection done to your car. It is very handy because we have winter 5-8 months and all the roads are salted. After the protection your car is going to be rust-free forever :D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I get my 10 year old Mercedes sprayed every year with the oil based rust proofing [Crown, Rust Check or ProtectOil]. The only rust is around the keyhole on the trunk because the rubber gasket traps moisture. Of course I had most of the front end replaced 3 years ago when I hit a deer at 120 kph. As for the Caliber i'll trade it in when it gets close to 60,000 kms, 19,000 already, so it should still be rust free next year. Besides they use more sand than salt on the roads up here in the boonies.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I expect that this Caliber is protected enough for the winter by the manufaturer; all modern cars are; my last car before the caliber was a Opel Astra, I never protected the car myself and the factory-protection was ok; no problem with chrome or body for the 6 years I drove the car; and in the Netherlands the government puts salt on the road as soon as they think it might freeze somewere in Europe.....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Krown rustproofing is the best thing for protecting the little hidden parts of your car that trap moisture. They guarantee it for a year, and if you do it consistently, it will increase the resale value of your car a bit too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts