Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this was at one of the dealerships I service on my route, I know someone on here was asking about the sky, i have to say it looks pretty nice in person

it's a little dirty, the GM has been driving it as a demo

·
Registered
269 Posts
Heh, anyone wanting a Crossfire for dirt cheap better go runnin' to their local chrysler dealership.... all hope is lost for the Crossfire now :(

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
suzq044 said:
gm had the right idea rebadging an opel and bringin it here.
More like Bob Lutz had the right idea. The GM-committee-peeps have their heads in the dirt. If they would just let Lutz do his thing instead of fighting him at every turn then they might amount to something more than mediocrity (I say that as I loath the HHR:rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ohh, is it finally out now? My husband and I saw it a few years ago as a concept car at the Detroit Auto Show and were so surprised to see a Saturn like this! Its very cool!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Exactly! Same platform, different body. Kinda like the LX (Charger, 300, Magnum)

:p:D

I gotta say, it looks nice. I saw the back of one in the Lifetime Fitness parking lot. Not bad.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
superbang said:
isn't this thing just a clone of the pontiac solstice?
Yes... like sister cars. There was at one time going to be a Chevy version of the Kappa platform too; the Nomad. But they whimped out and canceled it. GM desperately needs to put an end to their committee-everything crap. Their cars are lackluster and their fleet gestalt is awful.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, I second that.

The Crossfire is a hell of a lot better looking in my opinion though..:D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the crossfire is a lot more uncomfortable than the sky, i've sat in both and the saturn has a lot more room

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks way better than the Solstice (which resembles a fly from the front and needs swatting) but its more of a Miata than an s2000.
Hope it handles better than the solstice, they lumber around to say the least.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
ib2loud said:
the crossfire is a lot more uncomfortable than the sky, i've sat in both and the saturn has a lot more room
I haven't sat in the Sky but I have sat in the Crossfire and considering that I am 6'1" and 240, I fit and could move around iwth no problem. I would imagine that the Sky would be a little more roomy because of the convertible top and due to the fact that the Crossfire has a smaller cockpit but I still stand by my opinion.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah 6'4" 210 here, and when I shoot crossfires at work it's one of my least favorite, right next to a miata

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Yeah, Miata's are small as hell...:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts