Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
you might want to look into the kicker upgrade speaker kits. They got rave reviews here on this site and are likely your best value solution for the least work.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
_CALIBER_ said:
what is the SE factory speaker size.
_CALIBER_ said:
couldnt i just slap in some pioneer 6 X 9's.
i usually go with pioneer speakers in all my cars.
The threads linked below should answer many of your questions; they and many others relating to this can be located by entering "speaker" in the board's search feature and browsing the results for the appropriate previous discussions:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=550

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1659

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
all calibers come with 6x9's in the door..i personally would not buy the kicker...each to his own.. seeing as you can get better performace for $.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
ok bud here ya go

start by setting your parking break
take your keeys and turn the ignition to the on posistion..not start
press brake pedal
move shifter to L
take your fingers and pull up in the middle of the shifter surrond..the shifter path

then move the shifter surround down like this

then pull here at the bottom of the trim surround

this should start to release the trim piece. just make your way up both sides evenly. the clips that hold the factory radio to the dash piece are stubborn just give the an even firm pull and they will come out.

then pull from the top

pull the panel out as far as you can...I did not bother removing the vac. hoses or lines running to the controls. move the panel to each side and remove 2 screws holding the radio in and pull the radio out from the top.

put the whole thing back together after connecting the harness and the antenna .... repeat and rinse as desired.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow, thats amazing. Thanks so much.that made it look really easy. im going to install my stereo as soon as it comes in. I ordered it off of ebay.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Cool! one thing to add that noone has mentioned is there is not a switched 12 volt source on this car...meaning the radio will stay on all the time until you turn it off. it will not power on/off with the key unless you wire the switched wire from the back of the radio to say the cig. lighter. some have done this and I have not yet. I just turn the radio off when I get out. Plus it's nice to be able to listen to the music without the key. I do have to be careful though since my wife left it on while the car was parked at Tulsa Inter. airport for 5 days..we came back to a dead battery. Just keep that in mind...Oh and check you pm's.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I like that avatar with the car comming out of the shadows... It looks mean even being bright yellow.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks guys. yellow is my favorite color so i had to buy a yellow car, plus i think it just looks great on the caliber.

do i have to have the cd player wired to something if i take the face plate off everynight?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
_CALIBER_ said:
thanks guys. yellow is my favorite color so i had to buy a yellow car, plus i think it just looks great on the caliber.

do i have to have the cd player wired to something if i take the face plate off everynight?
not as long as the head unit is a detachable faceplate. you are ok. Did you get it in yet?

That's what she said!:eek: LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts