Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Honda Element - Drift spec... Ya heard right lol...

Honda at the SEMA auto show unveiled the Honda Element-D drift racecar. Built for the racing sport of drifting, the Honda Element-D racecar replaces the stock 4-cylinder/Real Time™ 4WD drivetrain with a custom-designed and longitudinally-mounted 3.2-liter Honda V6 and rear-wheel-drive.

Producing 500-horsepower, the lightweight twin-turbocharged powerhouse is guaranteed to light up the rear tires and accelerate sideways at full opposite lock. Associates from Honda R&D Americas, Inc., in Ohio plan to campaign the Element-D in the 2007 Formula Drift Series.

New Wheels shown at SEMA.. Spokeless Rims..

Do not adjust your web browsers, this wheel really has no spokes. First developed as a motorcycle wheel, the Radurra is made of two-inch thick polycarbonate and reportedly stands up to quite a bit of abuse, as evidenced by a video featuring a Nissan 350 doing an extended series of donuts and general tomfoolery.

That said, we’d be more than a little concerned about cooling issues, even if officials consider these to be “cruising” wheels, not to mention potholes and temperature changes. There’s also the small matter of brake dust. Either way, company reps say that Radurra wheels can be tinted any color, and can even be lit internally. If they can hold up under everyday use, they’re certainly an interesting development.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Edition after a session with American Expedition Vehicles: 35" tires, Warn winch in the bumper, Mercedes 3.0l common-rail diesel, typically excellent AEV suspension, bumpers, etc.:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

In a collaboration with the DUB customization company in Los Angeles, Saab's first ever SUV is decked-out for the Specialty Equipment Manufacturer Association trade show this week. Called the Saab 9-7X Aero Concept, the car takes some inspiration from the Aero X first shown in January.

"DUB was really inspired by the Saab Aero X concept car and the 'Born from Jets' theme," says Myles Kovacs, president and co-founder of DUB. "We wanted to integrate it into a custom vehicle. The 9-7X is a great vehicle to customize. We are very pleased with the outcome. It looks hot."

GM hinted the car could be put into production as a special edition model. Earlier this year, Saab announced the 9-7X Altitude Edition, of which only 500 will be produced. Full image after the jump…

·
Registered
111 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
Besides the color, this is a BEAUTIFUL Cali! I would give my left nut for this!!!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mikeyg4l said:
Besides the color, this is a BEAUTIFUL Cali! I would give my left nut for this!!!
Always feel better when i see a body kit that helps improve the looks... I agree on a normal Caliber with a normal colour this would look very good.... not sure who the manufacturer is and if they plan to release the kit or not

·
Premium Member
29,881 Posts
Unoriginalusername said:
LOL at first i thought that this was the same car...but its not - so this means that either there are 2 different body kits being shown, or that it is the same kit shown twice - and in regards to my last post i guess the double hood gap would be a way of getting a srt4 grille on a standard caliber without having to change the hood :rolleyes:

G

·
I gotta admit the srt one is better lookin in my opinion...when my friend gets back from SEMA with some pics I will see what hes got and post them up...I do like the drop down gate speaker setup on the 1st one though

·
Registered
190 Posts
I dig that top green Caliber... At a glance, I see the Monitor/Speaker changes to the MusicGate, Custom Paint (obviously), Rims/Tyres, Lambo Doors, Paint-matched roof rack, those cool rear wheel wells, a modified exhaust tip, and shaved/filled door handles (and emblems). Nice stuff! More Pics please!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Looks like they upgraded the musicgate speakers too!!!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts