Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the stock shift knob? Since my chrome part fell off and don't want the dealer to replace my shifter. I'm thinking of putting an aftermarket knob to replace the oem knob.

·
Registered
971 Posts
There may be a release pin and then I believe you gotta pull upward really f ucking hard! At least thats how you release the CVT knob. When it does come you'll beat the $hit out of yourself and with a blow to the face if you're not careful.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Before this gets to far let me cut it off. The shift knob doesn't come off. Its one piece with the bar.
No one knows why the did this.
The only option is to break the knob off and see what's under there or get new shifter all togethor.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Before this gets to far let me cut it off. The shift knob doesn't come off. Its one piece with the bar.
No one knows why the did this.
The only option is to break the knob off and see what's under there or get new shifter all togethor.
Must be the SRT knobs are different than the regular Caliber shifter knobs. The regular Caliber has a removable knob. MOPAR even sells a shifter knob accessory for them and part of the directions is to remove the knob.

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
the manual states it is NOT removable

I contacted TWM again today

maybe they can get something going for us with a short shifter which will allow your choice of shift knob:bigthumb:

·
Registered
971 Posts
I want to say it has something to do with the reverse-safety lift up ring on the shifter.
That very well could be.....

·
Premium Member
29,879 Posts
Must be the SRT knobs are different than the regular Caliber shifter knobs. The regular Caliber has a removable knob. MOPAR even sells a shifter knob accessory for them and part of the directions is to remove the knob.
yeah, the regular caliber is a really easy shift knob to pull off...you just yank it straight up...the CSRT4 has not been removed by anyone yet. probably why the SRT ones keep breaking...the rest of it so damn strong :lol:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll try this weekend....I'll put a Hurst T-handle on, with the reverse ring.:jester::jester::jester::jester:
If your serious, I sure would like to know how you did it. Why can't it be a simple screw?

Why does it have to be a complicated knob? Kinda reminds me of my old lady.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I have a brand new "WORKS" shift knob I bought for my Mitsubishi. Its made for the reverse lift ring and I still can't use it. Paid $70 for the damn thing and can't use it.
I wish someone would cut the stocker off and figure out how to thread the post. That's easy money in shift knobs because most can afford simple mods like that.
I'm just not that motivated on a shift knob.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts