Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hated the huge stock antenna, but the ones that everyone else has, the 9" ones, or whatever size they are, were not small enough for me, so I got this one :) Listed for a neon, but I had a feeling it would fit

Before:

After:

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
honestly, Not that i Know of. Im so used to listening to CDS and satalite radio, that I never listen to regular radio. Im about to go drive it now, and Ill check and post back up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
cdawg4949 said:
MY sirius could use a bit better reception...I lose it once or twice every drive.

-CODY-
Ditto that... or more. On winding country backroads with lots of trees, my Sirius reception is a joke. But it gives me an opportunity to listen to my Caliber and pay attention to my driving. Not a bad thing on occasion.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like how that little guy looks. You will have to post a link if you have one since I HATE my super huge factory antenna.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
playB0Y42 said:
any diff. in reception?
well...the reception is not the best. I barely listen to the radio, its always cds and satalite. My satalite looses signal sometimes, but its very rare. Plus, I like not having commercials on there.

here is the link:http://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=236

comes in billet and black. the price isnt bad either, only cost me $26 shipped to my door. I got it in about 3 days also.

The ones I saw on ebay listed specificaly for a caliber were not short enough for me, this one is maybe 2.5" tall and i love it :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
InfernoRedSXT said:
well...the reception is not the best.
By not the best do you mean a big ball of static or just some slight fuzz? Sorry but I don't want to invest in something that won't provide any type of coverage. Thanks for the help!:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SXTANDME said:
By not the best do you mean a big ball of static or just some slight fuzz? Sorry but I don't want to invest in something that won't provide any type of coverage. Thanks for the help!:)
Its okay..I dont blame you for wanting to know. for me, only how it looked matters. But I understand :)

It was very fuzzy. I only got one of my 'regular' stations to come in halfway decent

·
Registered
683 Posts
My Calibers Sirius cuts out several times a week but only for a quick second or two. My Durango has XM and very rarely cuts out even in mountains and canyons.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks cool. I like the small antenna but I listen to my radio more than Sirius. My SAT keeps cutting off which I am not happy with and will discontinue after my 1yr contract.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to end my contract too, but I like the looks of this antenna and I hate radio anyways.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I bought a 9" billet antenna off Ebay for under $20. Don't look for the ones listed as Caliber specific. Any antenna listed as fitting a Dodge will work just fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes!!

any diff. in reception?

After I put mine in, Almost all of the stations I listen to had some sort of static...:mecry:

BUT, I do listen to satelite radio a lot, and I got an IPhone with pandora...

I can deal with a little static, just as long I do not have to look at that dumb tall stock antenna...:pa:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought a shorty antenna from the Advance Auto Parts I work at and I hate it. Worse mistake. A HUGE killer on reception.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts