Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a word problem for you. What do you get when you add 1-Middle age man + 2-cans of leftover spray paint in the garage + 4-hours with nothing to do? If a picture is worth 1,000 words, then the answer must be at least 1,000. Here's the picture:

I still need to take some paint thinner and some Q-tips to clean up the lettering a little.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Looks pretty good. Thinking of doing something like that myself. Might have looked better using blue instead of red to match your car a little better.:cool:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey...that looks great. Wish I could be so productive while bored. Tell me about the paint type. Engine variant or exterior vehicle type?

Tyke

·
Registered
268 Posts
i did that to some engine stuff in my last truck, won't ever spray paint anything under the hood again, it looked like crap after a few weeks of driving

but it looks good for the photo

·
Registered
371 Posts
Let me try my math skills here- Let's see, 1 man+ 2 cans+ 4 hours= Beautiful!!!:D I Really like that! Wish I had more free time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
The painting that you have used in this work is resistant to the heat?
Had you used some type of plastic primer before applying the painting?
Maybe you can have a bad surprise when the engine of your car is hot.

·
Registered
267 Posts
My question is: did you get the red interior and seat inserts on your car also? I might do that now that you gave me the idea :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The red is high temp paint that I bought to touch up my BBQ grille. The silver is not high temp, but I'm hoping that the red base under it will help protect it (probably not, but it was all an exercise in fighting boredom anyway). I didn't use any primer.

·
Registered
143 Posts
That looks absolutely great man.. I'm going to steal your idea.. however I'm torn on how to color it.. I have a yellow caliber so I was thinking of getting my paint rep's to use my color code to match me some yellow and paint it yellow with black.. but then I think it will look tacky... I'm so torn on the colors.

·
Registered
277 Posts
looks awsome. Honestly the best mod i have seen yet. sweet job!!! How much to do mine???

·
Registered
129 Posts
That looks good.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We're going to get a good heat test on the paint tomorrow (19 Sep). My wife is driving to Frankfurt. From my house is about 1-1.5 hours averaging around 130Km/H (80 MPH) one way.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Did you Bulldog it first?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts