Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one noticed how easy Sirius seems to loose the signal, even when just going down a wide open road?

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have it, love it and have not had any problems with my signal.

·
Registered
683 Posts
steveb said:
Has any one noticed how easy Sirius seems to loose the signal, even when just going down a wide open road?
I don't have too many problems. It does lose signal easier than my other cars XM but still isn't very often. My XM keeps signal even when driving beneeth overpasses etc. I believe the issue isn't with the signal. It's with the receiver or antennae. With my XM I can unplug the antenna and the stereo won't stop playing for up to 30 seconds.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The only time I have issues with my signal is in the garage or in the parking area in the basement at work ;) Other than that, it's good! :D

Chanda

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have had no problems under overpasses unless I've changed channels just then. It seems like there is a memory buffer to help avoid any signal drop outs from being detected by the user. The only problem is when you change the channel it needs a good signal to buffer up before the overpass.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I lose the signal all the time with no rhyme or reason. I figure it could be the antenna or antenna connection. Also, I find some of the channels are overcompressed for my tastes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife and I both have Sirius in our cars. Both are aftermarket installations. There is one particular place on the way home that it will lose the signal for a split second every single time. The funny thing is, the area is a wide open area with no trees. I figured there must be an underground line or something interfering with it. Other than that, the only time it goes out is when you pull up a gas station under the canopy.

·
Registered
253 Posts
no problems fr me till i went towards the big city and they hade a 88.9 or what ever it was . trees can mees it up when out on the west coast. and there are 2 bildings hear in gp that block it out

·
Registered
911 Posts
I only lose mine when going over and underpass and sometimes in the garage with the garage door open. Other than that, mine works perfect!

·
Registered
687 Posts
You can always lift the load floor and remove the cardboard cover to expose the radio amp (same side as sub) and sat unit on the l/s to check the connections.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts