Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a solar yellow Cali and when it was purchased the dealer had everything in it I wanted but the Sirrius Radio. Well they ordered it as a we owe in the deal and it was installed yesterday but they won't give me my year of service. it has been added to the vin but they say I have to pay. How did you get your year of service?????

·
Registered
687 Posts
Welcome to the board. :)

So the dealer installed aftermarket for you since it was not ordered with your car?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They just ordered the kits from dodge and installed it yesterday likthe factory kit. I was told when i bought it it was the same as the others on the lot and they charged me the 195 for it like the ones with the ones already installed. They also did a VIN update to show it as an option when my car was purchased.

·
Registered
687 Posts
So you have already called Sirius and told them the story? They told you NO? Have you talked with your dealer about it yet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have not called sirius. Will they do it off the vehicle vin or the dodge ESN of the unit? My dealer told me to call Dodge then dodge said the dealer needs to do it and they don't want to even get involved.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I own two Calibers. The first one, (the black one if you see the picture below) did NOT have Sirius satellite radio. I had the dealer install it. Parts and labor came to six HUNDRED dollars! However, the installation is indistinguishable from factory. Very happy. When I called Sirius to turn it on I found out that my free year came with the purchase of the Sirius add-on unit that is installed in the left-rear of the car behind a panel.

When I bought the white Caliber it had Sirius factory installed and it was already on for my free year. I just added my name to it so that the service would continue after the free period.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I purchased the Sirius factory kit for my Magnum from Mopar Super center and did the installation myself. I called Sirius and got the free one year service by telling them I bought the receiver from Chrysler and just giving them the serial number. My Caliber already has Sirius but I'm thinking about getting one for the wife's Caliber.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hhhmmm... I let the dealer do the parts and the install and I got the free year. Maybe it's the way you bought the radio. Just a guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the unit was ordered by the dealer when I purchased the car and they did the install on a we owe. The dealer told me they didn't promise a year and a we owe only says a radio not the year of service so suck it up. They said they would fight it in court. I have filed complaints with the better buisness bureu and dodge but doubt that gets me anywhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
kassiesdaddy77 said:
Well the unit was ordered by the dealer when I purchased the car and they did the install on a we owe. The dealer told me they didn't promise a year and a we owe only says a radio not the year of service so suck it up. They said they would fight it in court. I have filed complaints with the better buisness bureu and dodge but doubt that gets me anywhere.
Sounds like the last time I would ever have anything to do with that dealership. Maybe a letter to the editor of your local newspaper will get published and let everyone else in your town learn of their inability to fullfill a legitimate request.

Honestly, I can not believe that Chrysler would not help you out when you contacted them with that story. It seems to me that something like that would be a customer service issue that they would want to handle with that particular dealership.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts