Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I have seen complaints on the armrest, mine does not slide easily, It does not lock in place , but I have never hit the breaks and had it move anywhere. I have a small 20lb dog that stands on the rear seat with his front paws on the armrest and it still seems alright. I added the premium floors mats, or I should say the dealer added them for me, they are 1000% nicer than the stock ones. I have the gray leather interior and got these with the Inferno Red Trim , they really made that part of the interior look much better.

I think a lot of the complaints I have read on here are pretty petty overall.

Each day, and it has not been a week yet, I like the car more and more.

Flaps

·
Registered
384 Posts
The few that I sat in at dealerships didn't slide back and forth either, on their own I mean. If I had one that did, I would see if maybe the shop could tighten it up or something?

P.S. If all the problems are petty, then that is a good thing! I think most people are just giving honest opinions of what they do and don't like, for the sake of those that do not have one yet and are considering it

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Flaps said:
Hello, I have seen complaints on the armrest, mine does not slide easily, It does not lock in place , but I have never hit the breaks and had it move anywhere. I have a small 20lb dog that stands on the rear seat with his front paws on the armrest and it still seems alright...
Mine does slide rather easily, but I wanted to mention something in relation to the dog.

I have 2 medium dogs (Shelties), and pretty much keep the back seats folded forward to make their "riding area".

The youngest and smaller of the Shelties is the more "active" of the two, and made it a practice to frequently get on the FRONT seats when the vehicle was parked and we were away from the car.

This wasn't an issue with our previous vehicle (a conversion van), but is now - mostly out of concerns that she could damage the "mesh-type" fabric of the color-keyed seats.

So NOW, when I park the car with the dogs in the back, I simply OPEN the armrest compartment cover and keep it in the "up" position. I keep the compartment itself empty, anyway.

The open lid in the "up" position keeps her from wanting to go through the opening above the armrest, and getting on the front seats.

Just thought I'd share this tip with others.

·
Registered
901 Posts
ghoticov said:
My armrest has not been a problem either. It has never slid without me making it slide foward or backward.
ditto!! Actually mine is quite snug.

katiescaliber said:
P.S. If all the problems are petty, then that is a good thing! I think most people are just giving honest opinions of what they do and don't like, for the sake of those that do not have one yet and are considering it.
ditto again!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Harley said:
Mine does slide rather easily, but I wanted to mention something in relation to the dog.

I have 2 medium dogs (Shelties), and pretty much keep the back seats folded forward to make their "riding area".

The youngest and smaller of the Shelties is the more "active" of the two, and made it a practice to frequently get on the FRONT seats when the vehicle was parked and we were away from the car.

This wasn't an issue with our previous vehicle (a conversion van), but is now - mostly out of concerns that she could damage the "mesh-type" fabric of the color-keyed seats.

So NOW, when I park the car with the dogs in the back, I simply OPEN the armrest compartment cover and keep it in the "up" position. I keep the compartment itself empty, anyway.

The open lid in the "up" position keeps her from wanting to go through the opening above the armrest, and getting on the front seats.

Just thought I'd share this tip with others.

Good tip...I will keep that in mind, although my weimaraner tends to be an escape artist. She uses her long skinny legs like arms.
My 7lb. Miniature Pincsher loved to stand/lay on the armrest in my Jeep...wonder if she will fit on this one. I will post a pic if she does...if I ever get my car. Hope my armrest doesn't slide...she will end up as a hood ornament.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm just wondering how I'm going to fish my iPod dock cable through that thing. I think Dodge really over looked that when they made that huge announcement that the Caliber is "iPod ready". I have the MP3 radio and there is no way to connect the iPod other than with a crappy FM transmitter. I'm waiting for USA-Spec to finish their integration setup becasue I want to control everythign from my iPod but I still want stuff to be displayed on my radio. Sorry if this was off topic. I'll be starting a new thread.

·
Registered
746 Posts
rcompart said:
I'm just wondering how I'm going to fish my iPod dock cable through that thing. I think Dodge really over looked that when they made that huge announcement that the Caliber is "iPod ready". I have the MP3 radio and there is no way to connect the iPod other than with a crappy FM transmitter. I'm waiting for USA-Spec to finish their integration setup becasue I want to control everythign from my iPod but I still want stuff to be displayed on my radio. Sorry if this was off topic. I'll be starting a new thread.
actually you'll require a 1/8th" cable to connect it to the aux in port. here's a pic.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I hope I can use my Creative Labs Micro Zen in that mp3 player and aux jack setup.

I need that cord thingy... What is it called? a 1/8 inch auxilliary cable?

·
Registered
414 Posts
katiescaliber said:
I hope I can use my Creative Labs Micro Zen in that mp3 player and aux jack setup.

I need that cord thingy... What is it called? a 1/8 inch auxilliary cable?
It is called a 1/8th Patch cable. Radio Shack. Just try and get a short one, no need to have a 12 foot cable tangled around the cab. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
you get a cheaper cable...lets just say...you sacrifice sound quality...

·
Registered
60 Posts
yea i know that already...but, still the sound quality from the monster cable > any others in terms of ipod to aux jack. simple solution...buy a wrap for the cord. i'm more than willing to put up with six feet of cord that i can easily wrap up...and not lose sound quality.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
superbang said:
Where did you get that cable from that has the 90-degree turn in it (see where it come out of the aux port it turns straight down)? The cable I have goes straight out about 2 freakin inches and I keep hitting it where I make a radio control adjustment.

I want one that turns down like that. I've already checked Radio Shack, Best Buy and Circuit City.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Where did you get that cable from that has the 90-degree turn in it
actually, i'm not so sure what you're describing is actually happening here... i'm certain the cable you are describing exists somewhere as the patch cable for my guitar is as you described. here's zoomed in version of the pic (done in ms paint thank you very much)

·
Registered
384 Posts
RiCEADDiCTBOY said:
yea i know that already...but, still the sound quality from the monster cable > any others in terms of ipod to aux jack. simple solution...buy a wrap for the cord. i'm more than willing to put up with six feet of cord that i can easily wrap up...and not lose sound quality.
So, riceboy, are you saying monster cables are good or bad, in terms of sound quality?

I think you are saying they are the best but please clarify... thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
superbang said:
actually, i'm not so sure what you're describing is actually happening here... i'm certain the cable you are describing exists somewhere as the patch cable for my guitar is as you described. here's zoomed in version of the pic (done in ms paint thank you very much)
So what you are saying, superbang, is that this cable does not actually turn down but is a standard cable? It looks like it does turn down... like this one:

http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/category.cgi?item=SP-SPSC-7&source=froogle

ETA: The website says "both ends have right-angle plugs" That is what we want!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
superbang said:
Ok I see now. It looked different in the first iamge of it.

That retractable one that Katiescaliber shows at that link has the ends I want (with a 90-degree elbow turn in them).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts