Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of making a rear window cover to help keep the back a little more private. I have a concept here and would like opinions. This would slip on from the inside and snap into place. I would probably put my .22 above where is says Caliber.

thoughts? suggestions?

·
Registered
689 Posts
Do it with window tint instead of a cover, 1-Might be illegal with a cover and 2-You don't need to add blind spots.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Great suggestions.

Tyke

·
Registered
171 Posts
cover would be cool I dont think you look out those windows when checking your blind spots, it may be illegal but I dont think most cops would even give it a 2nd look. Besides if it is illegal and you do get a ticket for it just take it off go to court and the judge will drop the charges!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Fiero's do it all the time, high temp acrylic sometimes tinted, sometimes not:

And on that car, those side "windows" are where you check your blind spots.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I use the small windows when looking over my shoulder when changing lanes etc. Am I the only one?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Huff said:
I use the small windows when looking over my shoulder when changing lanes etc. Am I the only one?
Not alone! It's great to have that extra bit of visibility.
(Especially after 4 yrs in my Stratus, where the wide rear pillars were just ASKING for an accident.)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I agree with all who expressed concerns that you should consider visibility factors and check local laws before any modification to that (or any) window.

I did the following to those triangular windows; the actual decal part is almost completely over the black trim part, so the effect on visibility is minimal, pretty much insignificant, and legal as far as the laws for my jurisdiction:

·
Registered
506 Posts
i sat in a SE this weekend in Kaiserslaughtern and honestly... i'm a little nervouse about the GYMUNGOID blind spots out back....

·
Registered
197 Posts
I dont really like all the blind spots either, but after coming from my neon that has 0 visibility w/ the mirrors I have on it (m3s) Im used to not even using my side mirrors to check before I switch lanes so it doenst concern me as much. I like the concept of that window mod though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Love the Harley stickers. Waiting to see which ones I'm going to buy for me new SXT - Inferno Red - just like the photo's.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
karenh56 said:
Love the Harley stickers. Waiting to see which ones I'm going to buy for me new SXT - Inferno Red - just like the photo's.
If the color is also referring to mine - it's actually Burnt Pumpkin...I mean, Sunburst Orange.

Here is the product item that I bought to do the decals, you just can't beat the price for what you get:

http://www.hmhd.com/webstore/viewiteminfo.asp?sku=HM3900&PID=decals&PIDName=Window+Decals&aspname=viewprod

Should be in stock and available at just about any Harley dealership, or could be ordered at/from same...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts