Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Could just buy the smoke stuff and do it yourself. It's like a spray paint.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw some of that stuff, but wasn't sure how well it worked...or how hard it would be to remove if I screwed it up.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Don't use Nightshades, leave it for what it is intended for, RC cars. Remove the headlight housing, remove bulbs, wrap it up in tin foil, stick in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, remove, unwrap and CAREFULLY pry the clear lense cover off the headlamp assembly. Disassemble interior if able to, if not, and apply painters tape to areas you don't want to paint, such as the actual reflector part of the headlamp. You can paint the trim on the "outside area" of the headlamp housing without running into lighting issues.

I have done this before and this was the spectacular result:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
friend of mine has gotten some 3m tint stufffor her xb looks great ... try rockblocker.com they sell some great stuff

·
Registered
190 Posts
CoolCallie said:
Don't use Nightshades, leave it for what it is intended for, RC cars. Remove the headlight housing, remove bulbs, wrap it up in tin foil, stick in a pre-heated oven at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, remove, unwrap and CAREFULLY pry the clear lense cover off the headlamp assembly. Disassemble interior if able to, if not, and apply painters tape to areas you don't want to paint, such as the actual reflector part of the headlamp. You can paint the trim on the "outside area" of the headlamp housing without running into lighting issues.

I have done this before and this was the spectacular result:
planning on doing this real soon to my caliber... has anyone else done it to their caliber yet? any tricky bolts/screws? how hard is it to get the headlights out?

i wanna get the reflectors out of there and have as much black as i can for a nice clean look. i'll post pics when i'm done.

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
I just made a post about Niteshades. Its usually for side marker lenses, tailights and works very well .

I agree with Coolcallie about not recommending Niteshades for headlights, but using it only for RC cars is not right. We have been selling Niteshades for years now with excellent results, and several of our employees have Niteshades on their own car's lights.

I just posted about the Niteshades product, here's a copy of the post:

Another inexpensive thing you can do to make your Calibers look more unique, is to use Niteshades spray tint for lights.

Its been a popular product for the Neon, and SRT-4 for us, and Im sure you Caliber guys would like it too!

This product is basically a spray paint type product that sprays on, BUT still allows light to shine through !! Regular spray paint products will NOT allow light to shine through !!

Check out these photos:

Taillights :

Taillights with one coat of Niteshades :

Taillights with two coats of Niteshades

Taillights with three coats of niteshades :

Notice how it progressively gets darker and darker depending on how many coats you spray on ? You can choose however dark you want it to be by spraying on additional coats.

Cost for two cans of Niteshades : $19.99

We've got Niteshades in stock at MP, and can ship these to you via Fedex within a few days.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
actually nite-shade isn't that bad; but its not for use with headlights. look up rock-blocker [they have dif. colors] see if they have anything for the caliber yet :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts