Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to say goodbye and thank everyone for such an interesting and informative forum. I really have enjoyed reading everyone's input. After waiting since July 4th and finding out that the first car I had ordered was still in D status and the second one ordered August 24th was no better, I decided to cancel my order. I was looking forward to being a proud owner of a new caliber, but I really needed something to drive now, not 6 months from now. I decided on a 2004 GT Pontiac Vibe and got a pretty good deal on it. But it does have an upside, I'm taking the large difference in price and also buying a 1979 International Scout to replace my ailing Blazer. Best of luck to everyone who is waiting and to those who have already received their Caliber.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Every Dodge dealer around me in ohio has at least 5 or more on their lot lately. One dealer in particular had a whole front row of them, saw it last night.

Too bad you ordered it and could not just go to the lot and get one.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
man that stinks! there are tons for sale around north west arkansas. enjoy the vibe........that sounds funny!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good luck to you with the Vibe. I completely understand how you feel. I've been waiting for mine since May 11. Waiting is the price we have to pay for wanting something built to spec. I don't know about the rest of you, but with a commitment of over $20,000 CAN there are just some options I'm not willing to give up. I've found from searching other lots that dealer just didn't get fully loaded Calibers. And to try and get a 5-speed is impossible.

I admire you for waiting as long as you did. I hope you are very happy with your new purchase. And don't think this means you ahve to leave now. You are more than welcome to hang around and post pics of your Vibe for us to see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts