Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This can be our thread to whine :p

What did you order? When did you order? What information are you getting?

My frustration level is hitting an all time high. Ordered my Sunburst Orange SRT Sport from a dealership in Belvidere, Illinois, on April 29. As of 8/9/06, I was given an estimated build date of October 12. There is absolutely no way it should take 6 months to build a car, especially when I see people on this forum and others I visit getting theirs in 4-8 weeks, as I was originally promised.

And before anyone tells me that I don't understand the manufacturing process, I've been around manufacturing a large part of my life. I understand how "scheduled runs" work and production problems. But I also understand that if you piss off a portion of your customer base, you lose business.

My frustration doesn't come so much from not having my car (although I'd much prefer to have it) but from the complete lack of information I have received from both Customer Service and my dealership. DCX tells me to contact my dealer as they have more information then they do....my salesman and the sales manager tell me that they have no information and no way of getting any. In fact, my husband was told yesterday that we actually know more than they do. I find this an unacceptable way to do business.

Ok, so thanks for "listening" to my early morning rant. So who else is playing the waiting game?

~M

·
Registered
44 Posts
Marine Blue SXT Sport with Musicgate. Ordered on June 8th and the last update I had was a ship date of July 31st. I haven't heard anything more, but I haven't checked either. I'm in no hurry to get it. The longer it takes to get here, the more payments i'll make towards my current trade-in and the less i'll have to transfer over.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its in my sig below !!

I will add that people in the UK wait about 2 weeks or so. The dealers at Dailmer-Chrysler said they expected the waiting list to increase in September as more and more cars are sold every day.

They said that I had got in just at the right time before the bite takes hold. The Caliber has only been on sale in the UK since July and the word is now getting around and people are realy liking the car for its relatively low price value for money. Money is always tight for people these days and a bargain like the Caliber will be snapped up over here in the UK as sure as eggs.

The car looks great both in style and colour schemes. Its different and stands out from the crowd big-time here in the UK and with the affordable price tag this is the right engineered sales ploy by Dodge to hit Europe with what is easily predicted as a big seller.

I just hope that my 10 days waiting estimate holds true. As I too want my Caliber now.

I feel sorry for you guys n gals who are still waiting in over there in the USA and have been waiting patiently for months and months, I hope time rolls on fast for you.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sunburst Orange 5-speed. I ordered on May 11, 2006. Was last told it was in D1 two weeks ago.

I do have a car right now, but the longer I wait the more that goes wrong with it. I've put over $600 into my car since I ordered the Caliber. My other problem comes from the fact that I'm selling my car to a friend because he needs a second vehicle.

I'm with you Meek, it's not that I don't want to wait, it is that nobody can give me a straight answer. Every time I ask my dealer i get it "might" come by the end of the month or it "looks like" it "could' come soon. I never get a definite answer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ordered mine on May 12th.

Marine Blue SXT, Sport Package, Music Gate, CD Changer, Driver Convenience, Uconnect, etc.....

I have been told the car was/is being built this week and am told the car will be at my dealers by the end of August. I can't wait!!!

Walt

·
Registered
384 Posts
meek84 said:
This can be our thread to whine :p

What did you order? When did you order? What information are you getting?

My frustration level is hitting an all time high. Ordered my Sunburst Orange SRT Sport from a dealership in Belvidere, Illinois, on April 29. As of 8/9/06, I was given an estimated build date of October 12. There is absolutely no way it should take 6 months to build a car, especially when I see people on this forum and others I visit getting theirs in 4-8 weeks, as I was originally promised.

And before anyone tells me that I don't understand the manufacturing process, I've been around manufacturing a large part of my life. I understand how "scheduled runs" work and production problems. But I also understand that if you piss off a portion of your customer base, you lose business.

My frustration doesn't come so much from not having my car (although I'd much prefer to have it) but from the complete lack of information I have received from both Customer Service and my dealership. DCX tells me to contact my dealer as they have more information then they do....my salesman and the sales manager tell me that they have no information and no way of getting any. In fact, my husband was told yesterday that we actually know more than they do. I find this an unacceptable way to do business.

Ok, so thanks for "listening" to my early morning rant. So who else is playing the waiting game?

~M
Wow if you are waiting that long for an SXT, then something is up! I ordered mine on 4/20 and I had mine around 6/20.

·
Registered
48 Posts
DodgeCaliberSXT said:
Order a Black SXT with Musicgate, Sunroof, Foglights, and anti-locks with the 1.8L 5spd. Ordered June 21st, still have no build date
I ordered almost the same car, July 20, Black SXT 1.8 5 Spd. I have no idea about anything and my dealer tells me he can't find out anything.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I ordered mine 26.6. My dealer send me today email that my Caliber is going to be shipped at end of this month :D My Caliber is going to be Black SXT CVT 2.0.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Stay strong! I ordered a black R/T on April 26th. I was given the September/October line as to a build date.

I drove it today and it is currently in my garage, so things do work out :D

·
Registered
911 Posts
I ordered on May 1st, waited 1 month for an allocation, order actually went through on June 5th. Went into D1 status as of yesterday and was told it was in the gate (I hope anyways). Should have a ship date tomorrow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered mine May 17
I have not received it yet but my dealer told me it will be any day now, it was put on a rail car one week ago and is schd. for delivery on aug. 17. Seems like a long time (two weeks) to be shipped to Virginia. anyways I can't wait I just sold my truck today and will be bumming rides from friends for a few days.:D

My caliber
steel blue SXT 2.0cvt2
conv group
security group
17" aluminum wheels
power group

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered My Inferno red SXT everything cept Leather and Sunroof July 3rd. Supposedly it ships tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I ordered my black R/T on july 28th. D status since the 31st and still it remains.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts