Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not see this posted here, thought you all might like to see this.
Inside Line said:
Soaring Dodge Caliber Sales Trigger 1,000 More Jobs at DCX Plant

Date posted: 05-12-2006

AUBURN HILLS, Mich.- Ford and General Motors may be shuttering plants, but Chrysler Group is humming along on the strength of the Dodge Caliber and tow other upcoming small vehicles, the Jeep Compass and the Jeep Patriot.

The automaker announced on Wednesday it would take the somewhat unusual step of adding a third shift to its Belvidere, Illinois, assembly plant, adding approximately 1,000 new jobs starting in July.

Dodge sold about 11,000 Calibers in April, and the company expects a similar strong showing for the Compass, which goes on sale this summer, followed by the Patriot in the fall.

"We have seen a very positive initial consumer response to the Dodge Caliber, and we anticipate a similar reception for the Jeep Compass and Patriot," said Tom LaSorda, president and CEO of the Chrysler Group.

What this means to you: At least one Detroit automaker proves it can be healthy...as long as it gives buyers what they want. Who knew?
You can find the article here

·
Registered
267 Posts
Cool, maybe that means I will have mine in 6 weeks and not 12 :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm not so sure I want my car built during the first wave of new 3rd shift people.....YIKES.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Rofl Karen..:D

Good to know. More jobs is good! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
karenh56 said:
I'm not so sure I want my car built during the first wave of new 3rd shift people.....YIKES.
the last 3rd shift would be worse ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts