Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed my order for a solar yellow sport on April 17th. No build date but received a call on Thur. the 15th. Informed by the dealer solar yellow is now no longer available. Car is ordered for my wife and she really doesn't like any other color. Had to change to the orange with the stipulation if she does not like it we do not have to take it. Called Dodge got the run around. Does any one know what is up with the cancellation of the solar yellow?
Thanks.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Factory is stopping the Yellow and replacing with the Khaki, something tells me that they didn't expect the Yellow to be big and thought they would have as many as would sell by this time. So basically what happened is that DC didn't make contracts for Yellow paint for longer than now.

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply, the link you sent for Russ Darrow in West Bend is that current? That sounds exactly like the car we have ordered with all the same options.

·
Registered
20 Posts
ya i drove it yesterday

·
Registered
81 Posts
My wife wanted yellow too, couldn't find one though.

A warning about the orange though, it's not the same as you see in the pictures (all bright and stuff) More like pumpkinish brown/orange. That was her second choice also until we saw one on the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i think the orange looks like baby food (sweet potato's)

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah agreed! The Sunburst Orange looks totally different from anything in the brochure, or on Dodge's website.

Its more of a reddish/orange metallic. Its REALLY, REALLY bright orange.

Here is a link to a SunBurst Orange Caliber:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodg...Z6210QQitemZ4620607814QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

You really have to see one in person to really know what it looks like.

BTW in upstate NY, there are TONS of Calibers in Solar Yellow, from SXT, SXT Sport w/Yellow inserts, to R/T w/Yellow inserts with various options.

·
Registered
901 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:
Yeah agreed! The Sunburst Orange looks totally different from anything in the brochure, or on Dodge's website.
You really have to see one in person to really know what it looks like...
Another member here calls it "burnt pumpkin"!
IMHO, i think Sunburst Orange looks a lot like the page banner ^^up there^^ .
(now, here's to wishing everyone's monitors were calibrated the same! LOL)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I find it hard to believe that that solar yellow is NLA. It was my second choice of colors. Of the few Calibers I've seen on the road, a lot of them were Yellow. if that is true, the solar yellow owners have themselves a collectible. My personal first choice was sunburst orange, yellow being the runner up.

Baby food? bite me.:eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Solar Yellow is never offered for a full model year on any model that DaimlerChrysler offers. It is always short production run, whether it was Wrangler, Ram, Dakota, Caliber, Neon, PT Cruiser, Charger, etc... It either comes out early or comes out mid year, but never the full year.

·
Registered
173 Posts
quadrajet said:
As per the Rumble bee ram I take it.

Former Ram owner here, that's why I mention it.
The Rumble Bee Ram came out mid-2004 model year, and was carried over through the first half of the 2005 model year. It was not available for a full model year for 2004 or 2005.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
orangecalibersxt said:

Here is a link to a SunBurst Orange Caliber:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-CALIBER-SXT-2007-DODGE-CALIBER-SXT-BRAND-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6210QQitemZ4620607814QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Good link to that auction - which happens to be MY car:eek: :

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3692&highlight=ebay#post3692

·
Registered
911 Posts
Harley said:
Hehe....

I actually have those same pics on my personal website until I get my Sunburst Orange Caliber SXT Sport in. :D

Its the best set of pics I've seen of the Sunburst Orange Caliber SXT Sport. Some people think its the same orange thats on the Neon, when its a COMPLETELY different color. Not even close to the SunBlast Orange of the Neon/SRT-4. Sunburst Orange looks much better IMO. Sunblast Orange looks like burnt rust IMO! :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
quadrajet

No offense but it does. I have two kids and when I was shown the color I just had know for sure so I grabbed a bottle!!! Color point match.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The orange is the same color as the Dodge Daytona trucks. I think it doesn't photograph the same color as in person no matter what. I saw one on Ebay and elsewhere that looked red to me. My car is definitely NOT red and not very bright either.

As for the yellow, it'd be a shame if they stop production. Maybe you can find one on Ebay!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts