Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody in co want my silver r/t with blue sport interior with 2000 miles on it? im not sure whats up with all these people on this site praising this car. i have come to the conclusion that it is junk. the list of reasons is so long i dont feel like typing that much right now.but if you dont think so please take over my lease.

·
Registered
775 Posts
ejfb said:
Best SALES AD I have ever seen, do Ebay a lot? :D
I think he learned his sales techniques from THIS GUY. The opening words on that site read, "Please buy my lemon. If you're dumb enough, I'll sell it to you."

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not saying that mine is junk, ive just come to the conclusion that the caliber in general is junk. therefore all calibers are junk.

·
Registered
775 Posts
j85 said:
im not saying that mine is junk, ive just come to the conclusion that the caliber in general is junk. therefore all calibers are junk.
Well, I'm happy with my junk. :)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
By that theory all new cars are junk. There is always someone to dislike something you like. According to some IM junk :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, gee, since you've made such an intelligent and convincing argument to buy it.

I'll be right over!!!!:D :D

(I'll drive my Inferno red SXT junk sport)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I love the design of the Caliber. Now that I've bought my second one in two months I can say from experience that there will always be details that need attention. The first one had the free-sliding armrest and the free-sliding chill zone panel. The new one had a non-functioning garage door opener (fixed in minutes by the dealer connecting a computer and rebooting the Homelink module) and the driver's seat 'creaks' all the time. The seat on the first Caliber doesn't creak. I lost my first Caliber to my wife who loved it so much she kept sneaking off in it before I could realize it was missing. Maybe the lease guy realized that the promotional lease doesn't allow enough mileage per month to get to work and back, much less a side trip to the liquor store once in a while.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is it my imagination or does it seem like most that don't like their Caliber are first time new car buyers? Every new car I've ever bought has had several minor issues. A dealer that gets them taken care of quickly makes the difference between a great experience and a lousy one.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Huff said:
Is it my imagination or does it seem like most that don't like their Caliber are first time new car buyers? Every new car I've ever bought has had several minor issues. A dealer that gets them taken care of quickly makes the difference between a great experience and a lousy one.
I have to say that I'm a first time new car buyer, but I've been driving Dodges since I turned 16 and know that whatever problems arise, the dealership will take care of things. I really feel I can't complain because I bought this car because I loved it and because it was cheaper than any of the other Dodges. I'm happy with the choice I made and if I had to make the choice again, I'd still pick the Caliber.

My dad bought a Dakota new in 88 or 89 and took it back to the dealership more than 6 or 8 times before they declared it a lemon, but he was able to trade it in with no problems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
actually no, im not a first time new car buyer. this would be my 4th new car. and its not that im having problems that can just be taken care of by a dealer. its just that overall this car is not impressive in any category whatsoever. and whats the point of even making an r/t ? i thought r/t use to stand for something. apparently on the caliber it stands for awd, chrome trim, and 18in wheels. overall this car is just a dissappointment. my wifes little 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 s runs circles around it , ha ha. and no, i actually dont drive too many miles for my lease. i just want it gone. thats what you get though for buying the first year model of a new car.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Umm... R/T is not a top performance model. If you want performance the SRT lineup is where you need to be looking. The R/T model gives a ton more standard features along with AWD and the 6 manual select gears. the car is targeted more for buyers who want cargo space but dont want to be stuck with a station wagon or a SUV... (or cant afford the magnum) :)

·
Banned
400 Posts
Huff said:
Huff, why do you keep making references to your car experiences? Everybody's situation is different. What you will put up with, some just don't want to. Please stop referring to your 4 Dodge cars and all that nonsense. That's not going to help someones current position. :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
You really cant blame a manufacturer for a product you dont like if its mechanically sound and performs the way it was designed. Thats why its best to do tons of research before your purchase. Im extremely easy to please having owned nothing but 80s and older cars (hot rods and beaters).

Not saying anything is wrong with older cars.. in fact i prefer them. They are simply not as refined as even the lowest end current models.

·
Registered
15 Posts
j85 said:
actually no, im not a first time new car buyer. this would be my 4th new car. and its not that im having problems that can just be taken care of by a dealer. its just that overall this car is not impressive in any category whatsoever. and whats the point of even making an r/t ? i thought r/t use to stand for something. apparently on the caliber it stands for awd, chrome trim, and 18in wheels. overall this car is just a dissappointment. my wifes little 2005 nissan sentra 1.8 s runs circles around it , ha ha. and no, i actually dont drive too many miles for my lease. i just want it gone. thats what you get though for buying the first year model of a new car.
Did you even test drive the car??!! Why did you buy it if you hated the way it drove so much? Go drive your wife's tin can if you love it so much, maybe you should go to sentraforums.com and complain. Everybody here likes their car.

Next time, do a little research and test drive a couple before you spend 20K.

JEEZ! :mad:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
i have to say that i love my junky new 2007 caliber :D :D :D :D ,i have no proplems with it exept some minor isues lick collor chip and the rear wiper but i callt my dealer on both of those isues ,the paint is ordert and they know about the recall for the wiper other wise i dream everday my reality when i see people who want one to ,but cant get on yet ,i just love my junk:p ,Cheers thomas

·
Registered
187 Posts
j85 doesn't sound bitter to me. I think he's just saying he made a bad choice for him and that's his opinion. I've seen legitimate comparisons to other vehicles here where the other cars are said to be better in one area or another. Every car takes a balance. In the case of the Caliber the mandate was good features at a low cost. I think that to get there, the quality of the interior parts was sacrificed so that it has a cheap feel, but in the balance I get so many other nice features while the price stayed down within my range. I don't mind the utilitarian feel of the interior plastics and it's also the best looking car in its class I've ever seen. But, that's me. I've had a chance to compare since I bought my second Caliber in two months (I hope I don't draw the ire of the Thought Police who told Huff to stop mentioning his 4 Dodges because I've mentioned my second Caliber here before) and I can tell you that my second Caliber has noticeable acceleration performance over my first one despite being the same trim level, same engine, and same transmission. Just two months apart on the assembly line. The second one was free of the free-sliding armrest and free-sliding chill-zone door that was a fault of my first Caliber and many of the Calibers manufactured before it. J85 may have gotten a lemon, may have buyer's remorse, or doesn't like the sacrifices made to keep the good features while the price remains low. Let him go. It's like when a group of football-loving guys find out I have no interest in the game and they keep talking as if they just can't accept that I wouldn't love the best game in the world. They think I'll surely catch the infection if they just describe one more fantastic play.

·
Registered
52 Posts
You Know you can decide if a car is going to be right for you in a 20 minute test drive. He bought a car, that later he found doesnt work for him? Why is this such a big issue? Some people are more picky about things then others. Little tweeks here and there bother people, such as steelblue, j85 and myself. If i spend $20000+ on a car i dont expect to have to go to a dealership once a week. The majority of these problems should be fixed before they go into production. Almost everybody in this forum whos complained about issues , their cars have no more then 10000 miles it seems?, how long would it take for DCX to test their vehicles for 10k miles before mass producing them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I consider that there are strong types in this forum who aren't getting answers from there dealers. I'm all for raising a fuss over minor things as my view is simular to the ones who have aired their grief. But my point is this if enough people rasie a fuss maybe next time Dodge might raise there budgets on the quality control as these issues are quality control rather than design faults. Evidence well the dealers have fixed a number of TSB with replacement parts as you call them in. The mixed issues on so many threads or not understanding is a principled one. Me myself is taking delivery in september they have one in lock up but I insited a few upgrades to be implimented first.
But if my principles is to raise awareness to these manufacturers so they can't do it to others then its a valid moan. The problem with the caliber is not one of design but rushing to fill orders on a succesfull car and mass production errors are going to be high. It's a good thing these guys are trying to convey to evereyone as they lifes bumps and if they can be ironed out with moaning and venting then I'm all for it!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts