Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone please tell me what the back of a sales contract says regarding special order. What I want is confirmation to the rumor that Dodge has 90 days to get you your vehicle or you can get your deposit back. When I put my money down for spec order I had to ask to get a photocopy of the contract. They only photocopied the front and I know there's text on the back. I was given the impression that the car would be here in July. It appears that after 10 weeks and no Car in sight for the next forseeable 2 months...I want my deposit back. I know that scorcoff got a real bad ride from the same dealer I am hooked up with. I don't feel like yelling with the manager for an hour and having him swear at me. If all else fails then my $1,000 stays as a dealer credit. If that happens I'll use it in the parts dept to buy winter tires for the Civic I plan on buying.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I believe different dealers have different contracts. So*I don't think anyone else can help you unless they dealt with the same dealer.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is right from mine. I got a yellow carbon copy of mine:

9. Delays in the Delivery of the Vehicle. If the vehicle is to be ordered from the manufacturer and you are unable to deliver the Vehicle to me within 90 daysof the date of this Agreement, you will notify me in writing of the reason for the delay and thereafter either one of us may cancel this Agreement by giving writen notice of the cancellation to the other person. Unless we agree in writing to a new delivery date, this Agreement will be cancelled automatically at the end of the 5 day period following my recipt of your notice of the delay. If you are unable to deliver the Vehicle to me by the new delivery date, this Agreement will be cancelled automatically. If this Agreement is cancelled for any of those above reasons, you will return my deposit and neither one of us will have any further obligations under this agreement.

WOW, that was long. I should have just scanned it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Your dealer is an idiot, Calibers are selling like hotcakes, any dealer that won't cancel an order agreement and return a deposit on one, is a crook. The order will come in and they will still be able to sell it within days, maybe even at more profit.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks for the info Tigerr,

My dealer told me that I could cancel at anytime or any point of the sale. Even if they receive the vehicle, and I am picking it up, I can cancel right there with no penalty.

They are probably not worried since these are so scarce and hard to get there is no problem selling them.

Later

Mike

·
Registered
911 Posts
My contract just states that only I can terminate the contract after 30 days. It doesn't state anything about the dealer being able to terminate the contract after any amount of time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts