Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I'm somewhat encouraged by all the "I just got my new Caliber" posts but yet there are still enough "I give up" posts to worry me a little. I guess I'm kind of sitting on the fence as to if I even want my Caliber to come in. I ordered mine on May 3 by putting a $1000 down. The problem is this...I went into my dealer with a "Car Cost Canada" quote. This is a practice I have done on my last 2 vehicles. It shows exactly what the dealer paid for the car and I usually get the vehicle (such as 2001 intrepid RT and my current 2003 Dakota) for their dealer cost. Chrysler has been in a desperation mode for a decade so they accept this and I get a great deal. Now comes the Caliber. I go to my dealer in early april (same salesman I've dealt with for last 2 buys) and tell him..."look I want to buy one of these Calibers for my wife cause its all wheel drive and all safe and stuff. If you have a slow month and are a sale away from a quota, I'll give you cost for a RT in inferno red". He says sure (not knowing how hot this car is going to be in a month or so). So I go back a month later (he's actually the leasing guy now but he can still sell to old clients) and say...I'm here to put money down lets order it. He does the paper work up and comes back with a "manager" who tries telling me they can't order Calibers anymore because they are past cutoff. "Now you have to buy one of our regular stock but you aint getting it for cost. We want 500 over cost from you because many people are paying 2,000 over Retail to get one". I sayforget it. Then I go and phone a few dealers and they tell me they can still order. I go back to my dealer and tell him that 3 dealers were still able to factory order. He goes back to his manager ( realizing now you dont mess with Kaptain) and they relinquish. So they put the order in and take my $1000 and put on their invoice that if interest rates get better or any other promotions come along, I can take advantage if my car has not yet been picked up.Now (almost 2 months later) I can't seem to get a von or vin or anything verifying my order. I'm now wondering if they even ordered it at all and are going to try and make me buy a unit off the lot at the end of the year. I'm now at the point where I'm not looking forward to selling my mint 2003 Dakota (which I'd have to sell to pay for the Caliber) but would almost rather wait till next year and get a diesel Caliber if they indeed show up as planned. Then again.....I'll probably never get a Caliber at cost again. I'm sure they regret giving me that deal in the first place.

sorry its such a long post but I've been reading in here for months and never posted. It took a lot of brainstorming to convince myself to buy a Caliber in the first place. I'm kind of the mindset to wait a year till the bugs get worked out or better options come along. Now I'm at the take it or leave it stage because of all the waiting.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
Welcome to Caliberforums!!:):) I am glad you finally decided to "join" us all!

I am a very patient person....so I can't say too much.

I can say that you are not the only one on the forum that wants to give up on the waiting game!

Good luck!:)

-Joe-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
506 Posts
i don't get why everyone is having such a hard time with dealerships... for me it was as simple as... walked in said i wanted this with all this... they gave me a price i said i'll give you this much... they said okay... now waiting on delivery and car should be arriving in coutry very soon... like sometime this week
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
I've had no problem with ordering and price. That part's been okay. The problem I've got is that I ordered the car on March 28th and haven't heard a *peep* from the dealership. Everytime I phone, they have no information and aren't helpful in the least. I've seen lots of people on here get build dates, ship dates, and even track the containers that their car is in. I can't seem to get any info out of the Dodge Info centre either. I phone Dodge US, and they have no info and tell me to phone Dodge Canada. I phone Dodge Canada and they say they can't give out the info and I should call the dealership. So I call the dealership and all they say is "no new info." I mean c'mon... someone out there has to know something. This car was ordered 3 months ago!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
I'd think the longer you waited, the better chance you'd have at getting another good deal on the car. Eventually the buzz will die down on the Caliber.

I'm going to call the dealer I went to today for my VIN/VON. They said I could call and get it in two weeks. We shall see what happens.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top