Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We bought a Caliber SXT on May 4th. We took it back on May 5th. It was pulling to the right and had a shimmy at 50 mph. They called us on May 11th and said they could not fix it. The general Manager of the dealership told us they would get us another one. Here it is May 24th and we still do not have the new car we are paying for. We are not happy at all. We even contacted Steven Landry(President of Chrysler Canada) and still have not heard anything back from the dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
You know, Chrysler Corp. is QS9000 certified. You as a customer have the right to file a customer complaint "corrective action request". If you still are not satisfied, see if you can contact Chrysler "Management Representative" - it is a REQUIREMENT that they have one appointed. If you are still not happy, find out how their registration (Registrar) is and complain heavily to them. The Registrar is the independent agency that audits Chrysler and grants them certification. They visit at a minimum of every 6 months.

I am a certified Lead Auditor and a quality assurance engineer by trade. I have also recently ordered a new Caliber and I'm starting to wonder if I have made the right decision. I have even asked my salesman if I have made the correct decision. Please keep us posted.

Karen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
nothappy said:
We bought a Caliber SXT on May 4th. We took it back on May 5th. It was pulling to the right and had a shimmy at 50 mph. They called us on May 11th and said they could not fix it. The general Manager of the dealership told us they would get us another one. Here it is May 24th and we still do not have the new car we are paying for. We are not happy at all. We even contacted Steven Landry(President of Chrysler Canada) and still have not heard anything back from the dealer.
I never heard of an issue they could not fix? Also I think they could cancel the whole deal so you are not paying, do you have a loaner vehicle?

Flaps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
jeez i'm sorry to hear that. initially it sounded like a balencing or allignment issue, but maybe it's more than that... i'd listen to karen though she seems to know what she's talking about... could also be the steering column
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"​

Are you sure?

I have bought a ton of cars some new some used. This does not sound right to me! They took the car and gave you nothing!!! What could possibly be that wrong with the car they could not fix?!?!?

Even if the unibody was that bent, what happened on your test drive? Even if you ordered it their quality control is pretty tight, I doubt something this major slipped by them. You are supposed to test drive it before you take it, even on an ordered car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
BAAAWWWW! I hate my Caliber too!!! I bought it and discovered that there is all this plasticy, rubbery and fake stuff in it! And I can put a business card in the gaps… and last time I checked there are mice building a nest and living right smack under the hood! And the seats are not leather, the dash isn’t wood and I can't pick all the chicks in the world with it! And, and it does not do 12s/quarter mile! The stupid thing! And and I tried to put a ton of dirt in the back and it wouldn't all fit ("Fit"... I'm going to buy a Honda Fit! It's better! and I will be cool then and the girls will like me)! And there is this rattle coming from under the hood and it sounds like a motor! By darn are stupid American companies still using motors in their cars!? I WANT BUNNIES THERE, NOT MOTORS! BUNNIES!!!! WHO EAT WOOD CHIPS! Oh and I WANT LOTS OF CHROME, WOOD, LEATHER AND METAL STUFF!


I WAS TRICKED, LIED TO, RIPPED OFF AND I HAD ABSOLOTLY NO CONTROL… WHY IT WAS LIKE SOOTHSAYING MAGIC THAT POSSED MY MIND AT POINT OF SALE THEY DID IT TO ME… if only I didn’t stare the salesman in the eyes…

IWANTMYMONEYBACKANDTHESALESGUYFIRED!!!

:D :D :D I just had to;)

Oh, and Nothappy, I'm sorry you bought a Caliber too/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
TUNDRA_schumacher said:
Yeh, this makes no frikkin sense at all. Unless they were dumb enough to buy a car without driving it first :rolleyes:
I remember this type of reaction from my psychology class. People tend to blame the victim and not the aggresor.
I love my caliber but I don't consider it perfect. And I also had a bad experience with a previous car so I can see his position. Sometimes you are too inexperience or excited or don't know better when you are buying a car. I wish you luck and try persuing the issue with the dodge representatives mentioned in the other post.
I know it is hard to trust it again, but give the caliber another chance. It's trully a great car and fun to drive. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
683 Posts
athos1800 said:
I remember this type of reaction from my psychology class. People tend to blame the victim and not the aggresor.
When a 'victim' is such because of his own actions or inactions it's flawed to try to cast away ones self responsibility and instead blame someone else. Nobody made him buy a Caliber and Dodge is not the aggressor.

I test drove a Caliber and thought it was a bit slow off the line. I accepted that and bought one. I accept its shortcomings and love it!!

I am hoping that better tires and maybe better shocks will take much of the harsh ride away. Anyone already make any improvements here?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
746 Posts
i'm more apt to believe that in this instance it's both parties fault if actual blame is important here. it's dodge's for letting one get by that wasn't as good as everyone elses and it's whoever started this threads fault for not test driving the baby in the first place...

frankly IMO, i don't think blame is important. i think in this situation just fixing the damned thing so both parties are satisfied is what's important now... not sure if anything else really matters beyond that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
Frankly, I don't think he even has a Caliber...I mean, c'mon...you're first post to an enthusiast blog, and it's dogging the very subject of everyone's admiration? Sounds like a plant to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
131 Posts
Hey all....

I'm sorry. I pay 15-18 K (that is thousands of dollars) of my hard earned money. I expect a quality vehicle. In this day and age with modern manufacturing technology, six sigma, process controls, SPC, lean manufacturing techniques, anything less is unacceptable. Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc....are all setting a new level of quality expectations and reliability (both short term (out of the box - JP Powers type stuff) and long term. Infant mortality and having a customer "check" the initial quality for the "initial test drive" doesnt cut it. I don't care who the manufacturer is or wha the product is. It is all about reputation and reliability of a product and quality is a big part of the equation. Think of it is a three sided triangle for us the consumer - part 1=price, part 2=service/convience, part 3=quality. I took a big gamble ordering a "DODGE" , being a former GM, Nissan, and Toyota customer. I've been bitten by the new Status I purchased on the quality factor. I want quality and I pay for it. Period.

There. I vented! (by the way, I'm a professional Quality Engineer and have studied the US auto industry for years.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
karenh56 said:
Hey all....

I'm sorry. I pay 15-18 K (that is thousands of dollars) of my hard earned money. I expect a quality vehicle. In this day and age with modern manufacturing technology, six sigma, process controls, SPC, lean manufacturing techniques, anything less is unacceptable. Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc....are all setting a new level of quality expectations and reliability (both short term (out of the box - JP Powers type stuff) and long term. Infant mortality and having a customer "check" the initial quality for the "initial test drive" doesnt cut it. I don't care who the manufacturer is or wha the product is. It is all about reputation and reliability of a product and quality is a big part of the equation. Think of it is a three sided triangle for us the consumer - part 1=price, part 2=service/convience, part 3=quality. I took a big gamble ordering a "DODGE" , being a former GM, Nissan, and Toyota customer. I've been bitten by the new Status I purchased on the quality factor. I want quality and I pay for it. Period.

There. I vented! (by the way, I'm a professional Quality Engineer and have studied the US auto industry for years.)
What about all of the people getting bitten by their "quality" Toyotas and Hondas for trannys and such...Toyota is the leading recaller of vehicles in America...that doesn't sound like quility to me...and...they have to be pressured to recall them
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top