Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ran into my first breakdown.

Listen to the radio on the way to work. Park, turn off the engine. Radio still works. I stay in the car for a bit to listen and after a while it turns off the radio. leave car. When you come back after work, the sound is almost muted! All audio sources are affected, including parking sensors. Turn radio off and on again, no change. Still mute. Engine off, then on - still no change!

I drive to my destination with just the music of the motor (not a bad soundtrack!)

When I arrive at the destination, I try the same as in the morning; Turn off the engine and wait for the accessory (radio) to turn off - unless I leave the audio level at 1. Get out and lock the car. I come back 5 minutes later, start the car and (to my relief) the audio levels are back to normal.

I haven't attempted to replicate this again, but has anyone else encountered some sort of problem?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ran into my first breakdown.

Listen to the radio on the way to work. Park, turn off the engine. Radio still works. I stay in the car for a bit to listen and after a while it turns off the radio. leave car. When you come back after work, the sound is almost muted! All audio sources are affected, including parking sensors. Turn radio off and on again, no change. Still mute. Engine off, then on - still no change!

I drive to my destination with just the music of the motor (not a bad soundtrack!)

When I arrive at the destination, I try the same as in the morning; Turn off the engine and wait for the accessory (radio) to turn off - unless I leave the audio level at 1. Get out and lock the car. I come back 5 minutes later, start the car and (to my relief) the audio levels are back to normal.

I haven't attempted to replicate this again, but has anyone else encountered some sort of problem?
Assuming this is the stock radio, they have a notorious bug concerning capacitors or something along those lines. Many Youtube mechanics have mentioned this as one of the problems with Calibers. The only fix seems to be get a good aftermarket radio or at least a good working oem from a used parts outlet. You may run into the same problem down the road with a used oem radio though. Goodluck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts