Dodge Caliber Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This request is for anyone who has replaced their door speakers: could someone post a picture of the door with the speaker grill removed and the rear of the speaker grill. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've spent the last 20 minutes looking for a thread I'm sure I saw on here that had pictures of the rear door speakers without the grilles on from someone who replaced them but I can't find it.

From what I remember the round grilles just pop out if you ease them out the whole way around, don't just pull off at one side. Then you can just unscrew and swap out the speakers.

Hopefully this gives you some help until somebody else finds the previous thread or can elaborate more fully.

·
Registered
199 Posts
SPEAKER AND GRILLE​

REMOVAL​

1. Using trim stick C–4755, find service notch (1)
located at the bottom of speaker grille and pry up
speaker grille.
2. Remove two screws attaching speaker to door
panel (3).
3. Remove two screws attaching speaker (2) to door
module (1).
4. Disconnect wire connector.

·
Registered
16 Posts
does anyone know if the tweeter enclosuers in the dash are prewired? Mine does not have the tweeters but would like to add them. Also anyone know how to get to em?

·
Registered
7 Posts
08 r/t I ALSO HAVE 'GARBBLED RATTLING SOUND' COMING FROM REAR
SPEAKER. CAN SOMEONE TELL HOW TO ACCESS RR SPEAKER? ITHINK IT'S SOMEWHERE ON THIS SITE, BUT HAVEN'T FOUND IT.
08 R/T,SUNBURST ORANGE,AWD,1650 MILES.

THANKS

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
toom45 said:
08 r/t I ALSO HAVE 'GARBBLED RATTLING SOUND' COMING FROM REAR
SPEAKER. CAN SOMEONE TELL HOW TO ACCESS RR SPEAKER? ITHINK IT'S SOMEWHERE ON THIS SITE, BUT HAVEN'T FOUND IT.
08 R/T,SUNBURST ORANGE,AWD,1650 MILES.

THANKS
Are you referring to the RR door speaker? Using a flat screwdriver pry the grille from the bottom just enough so you can remove it by hand. The speaker has 4 screws and that's it, very easy. If it's vibration you could try using weatherstrip tape around the speakers backside mounting edge and see if that gets rid of the noise.
You don't by any chance have the musicgate system? There is a several fixes for the sub vibrating as I had to install foam padding behind the sub and inside the panels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HICal said:
Are you referring to the RR door speaker? Using a flat screwdriver pry the grille from the bottom just enough so you can remove it by hand. The speaker has 4 screws and that's it, very easy. If it's vibration you could try using weatherstrip tape around the speakers backside mounting edge and see if that gets rid of the noise.
You don't by any chance have the musicgate system? There is a several fixes for the sub vibrating as I had to install foam padding behind the sub and inside the panels.
NO,NOT REAR DOOR. I'M REFFERING TO THE SPEAKER IN THE RR CARGO AREA.
IT LOOKS LIKE THE FACIA COVER WILL PRY OFF. GOING TO MY BROTHERS
SUNDAY TO CHECK IT OUT, ALSO TO PAINT CALIPERS AND TO INSTALL
3M PROTECTIVE FILM ON HEADLITES. BY THE WAY ,I ORDERED ,BY MISTAKE,
2 SETS. I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SELLING ONE[CHEAP]. DEPENDS ON IF I
MESS UP ON THE FIRST ONE. THANKS AGAIN FOR REPLY TO MY QUESTION.

OUT:wave:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
toom45 said:

NO,NOT REAR DOOR. I'M REFFERING TO THE SPEAKER IN THE RR CARGO AREA.
IT LOOKS LIKE THE FACIA COVER WILL PRY OFF. GOING TO MY BROTHERS
SUNDAY TO CHECK IT OUT, ALSO TO PAINT CALIPERS AND TO INSTALL
3M PROTECTIVE FILM ON HEADLITES. BY THE WAY ,I ORDERED ,BY MISTAKE,
2 SETS. I MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN SELLING ONE[CHEAP]. DEPENDS ON IF I
MESS UP ON THE FIRST ONE. THANKS AGAIN FOR REPLY TO MY QUESTION.

OUT:wave:
Sounds like you're talking about the musicgate sub. That cover looks like it's removable but it isn't. You need to remove the entire hatch side panel. Remove the hatch opening trims from the top and bottom, the spare tire cover, unscrew the tie down loop in the panel, pull back on the hatch weatherstrip for clearance and then pull the panel away from the sides. I remember it being sort of tricky but not all that hard. I didn't even remove the rear seat and just pulled the cover to the side giving me clearance for the subwoofer box. The subwoofer is now clearly visible, I removed the sub and insulated the entire body metal area behind the box. I would get your hands on some foam insulation and 3m adhesive spray. Didn't even use the dynamat as I had some foam sheets laying around and you can get at stores that sell packing material, and it's way cheaper. But of course if you want it right then get the dynamat or similar.
BTW, you could also just tighten down the bolts for the subs box but insulating it will make it sound better so it's worth insulating it.
Hope this all helps, check out this link for more,
http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4052&highlight=musicgate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts