Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I would like to replace the factory speakers and add some to the spots in the dash. I have the base system which sounds ok, through my work I can get some speakers real cheap and am thinking that pretty much any brand will sound better than stock which is most likely a paper spkr with wiz cone and no more. Not looking to spend tons of money as it already sound ok, but heck I do not mind spending $40.00 on a set of 3ways just to see if it makes a difference. I am already adding a Rockford Fosgate 8" Sub in a Q Logic Box for the main bass with an Infinitiy Amp which I got a deal on at Frys.

Has anyone gotten into the doors yet? When you look at it, it looks like it would be easy to take a look and see what is there, but after a few minutes of closer inspection, it is not so easy to see what is in there.

I know there was a post about sizes being 6x9 in the doors which if true is great, but I wanted to check depth and see if the special sound mats could be added as well to cut down on vibraton from the speakers. Also said 2.5" full range in dash, which no one makes, I have looked everywhere, I wonder if they meant 3.5" since there are lots of those.

Any thoughts or info is helpful. Thanks, Flaps.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The speakers in the dash by the front window are 2.5" tweeters, but I'm sure you can custom fit 1" tweeters in there - anything's possible, right? The rear liftgate speakers are 3.5" just to clear up any confusion. As far as the depth, no idea. You might want to call up your local Dodge's parts department and ask them for the depth of the door speakers, it might give you a good idea of what you could get in there. Hope this helps!

Wow, 3 beers in 30 minutes and I can still type properly and use correct grammar... LMFAO!!!! I know, I know - I'll take my medication now... ;)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Are the dash speaker/tweeter locations pre-wired?

I want to add some tweeters up there too, but if it's not pre-wired then forget that.

·
Registered
10 Posts
the Round Meshed Grills One the door easily Pry off sepreatly from the door panel u can use a Flat Head screw driver with some tape over the edge and just try to get the cover off. They are 6x9's i have some pics i can post as i am getting ready to install Rockfor Fosgate T1693C's in all four doors with some buckets, there is plenty of room in there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cool we have the same car anyways. so well some people are saying they are 6-" drivers. 6x9 is good because i have a set of pioneers anyways.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
all calibers have 6x9's in the doors....a 6 in speaker will fit though. and the speaker grills on the doors come off very easily i pulled mine off by hand. just be careful not to break the tabs.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
it can't be that hard to run a wire up to the tweets if it's not already wired. i know that you can get to the vent on the driverside very easily.... if you look straight up between the brake and the dead pedal or where the clutch would be/is. you see the the vent. just run the wire it's no big deal if it's not there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
derwood64 said:
yeah, mine didn't come with tweeters but want to know if the wiring is already in there in case i want to add them
Did you want to know if the wiring is already in there in case you want to add tweeters?

(How long will it be before he gets it?) :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You can be slightly ghetto and get some tweeters out of a Neon or something. They had those 2.5" ones.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
AHH stock sucks just get a good component set and put the tweets up in the dash at an angle. may have to use some cardboard to get them at the angle you want. just my 2 pennies though

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
derwood,

Sorry you never got an answer on pre-wiring for tweeters in the dash or not; I too would like to know!

·
Registered
413 Posts
derwood64 said:
yeah, mine didn't come with tweeters but want to know if the wiring is already in there in case i want to add them
This is a guess, but I would say no. The dash speakers are involed with the musicgate system as a supplement to the 6x9 mid bass front speakers. They work as a team, so I see no reason to run those wires to the dash in a system that doesn't require them.;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts