Dodge Caliber Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up all? I am having the biggest problem with my cd player. Whenever I play a cd, whether it be a burned or store bought, my speakers always cut in and out for like a few seconds. Has anyone ever experienced this with their Caliber? I also had a 05' Dakota and the same thing was happening with that radio too. When I drove off the lot when I first got my Caliber I put in a cd and there went the crappy radio messing up my musical enjoyment. So if there is anyone else out there with the same problem, PLEASE give me some feedback as to what you are experiencing and what you did to get it to stop. THANKS!!!

Aaron

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Speakers on the drivers side on my SXT, basic radio, would shut off every few days for a second or so with this rapping sound [noise not music]....asked the service rep if he had heard of any problems in this area......he looked in his computer and asked if I keep my cellphone in the cubby under the radio....I said yes.....he said don't....... apparently the cell phone causes some sort of interference........now keep phone in cupholder.......no problems for past week.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I know what you mean about cell phone interference. My tv in my room goes crazy and does the same sound whenever my phone rings. I have my phone hanging on the drivers side sun visor when I drive. My radio literally drops the sound from the cd play back (never during radio play back) on the passenger side and then comes back.. It's really annoying. I'm taking my car into the dealership on Monday. I guess a bunch of people from Chrysler are coming out to inspect my car. I live in Det. MI so I'm lucky to have the Chrysler Corp come out and take a look at my car...

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm willing to bet that a few calibers out there sneeked out with improperly connected or improperly shielded wires from the factory.. and this is causing the grief some people are having with thier sound systems... the dealer should be able to fix it for you.. if not take it to a respectable car audio installation bay and have them look it over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts